Established health & life agent looking at more streams of income

jpetreeko

Hi I am currently a 9+ year seasoned agent operating as a broker selling health, life, Medicare, and auxiliary products. I have over 1000 current clients, and even a larger list of prior clients I have access to. I’m in 13 different states. Although I focus primarily on 3 to 4 where most of my business is. My question is this… Is it worth me offering auto and P&C Commission-wise? I would not have to pay for any leads. I would be able to immediately start discussing quotes and options with current clients. Any professional input on this matter would be extremely appreciated. Thank you for taking time to read this in advance.

JP

JP,
You seem like you could be in telesales working that many states? But maybe your on the border. I don't think trading your time to pick up P&C sales would be worthwhile to you, if I was looking in that direction I would partner with someone willing to work for you that is already in P&C.

Yes I would be quoting and closing deals over the phone. Is your recommendation based on the commissions and time to quote, pitch & close a deal? I thought car ins had decent commissions depending on the carrier & state? Thank you!

I don't know anyone successful at both. Sure there are tons making 6 figures, but that's easy enough to do without bothering yourself with P&C. I guess it just depends on your individual situation. Personally, the only way I would do it is like I said above, hire someone to make the calls and pay them hourly.

Well I guess my main benefit is that I would not have to buy leads. I can email, call, text, etc. my current clientele and offer those svc’s. And yes I make six figures just doing health & life, but why not make more if it’s sitting there waiting for me? If the money makes sense I don’t mind offering additional ins products. I would love feedback from someone doing it or someone just doing Auto + P & C. I don’t have an assistant now, but I would consider it if warranted due to making too much money & not having enough time to svc my book.

Getting the carrier appointments for P&C is a big challenge. Once you have the clients, service will be too. There is a learning curve of course and commissions are relatively low. I am doing both, but I have an office and I only do biz locally. I do cross sell my L&H clients. If I were you I would expand the Medicare side. Wish you the best.

Back