Estate Planning Marketing

paulallred

Super Genius
Hi Everyone! After reviewing many looooooong winded Estate Planning seminar/workshop material, which were jammed with waaaaaay to much technical information!!
I said to myself, I said, "Self, there must be a presentation that encourages the audience to be engaged while helping them recognize that a lot of what they thought about their Estate is just not true, while also helping them to know just enough that they need to come see me for more info after the presentation and take advantage of the National network of estate planning attorney's that I have , which will cost them literally a fraction of the cost that the market currently offers".

Please does anyone have a presentation as such?

Reactions: FBN
Create it yourself.

I'd start off with a Ben Feldman quote:
quote-you-ve-got-a-problem-part-of-what-you-own-isn-t-yours-it-belongs-to-uncle-sam-may-i-ben-feldman-62-87-50.jpg

You can go into the "famous people estate failures" - including a lot of celebrities and past presidents and how their stuff was screwed up.

Then perhaps show this video how a beneficiary designation designating "To be distributed according to my last will and testament" isn't valid and can disinherit people unintentionally. It can also lead into a discussion about blended families and unique estate planning issues they face:

You can talk about Terry Schiavo and the impact on the family when medical directives aren't done and documented in advance.

You can talk about planning for children with special needs so they can have proper financial support without being disinherited from government programs.

You can talk about "wealth replacement" strategies using life insurance to offset a reverse mortgage and/or income taxes on 401(k)/IRA balances and/or LTC dollars.

Create your outline and order of attention, package it in a nice title like "5 Unintentional Problems of Incomplete Estate Planning... And What You Can Do About It!"

Thank you DHK!
Yep I just know it will take a lot of time to put it all together but I want to have it ready for a project within two weeks.
Thank you again!

Don't forget estate equalization too - especially with as family business. Three kids, but only one is apt for the business... so leave the other two life insurance so they aren't left out or feel unloved.

Great advice I never thought about that.
Blended families are another issue when it comes to distribution of assets....

Back