Estimate Employer's Cost on Offering Small Group Health Insurance

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I know the basic process of quoting a small group, but when someone wants a quick estimate on employer's cost based on the size of a group and average age, is it possible to give him a ballpark number? are there survey data available for each state (AZ is what I need this for)?

TIA.

July 29, 2015

Another set of burdens being placed on the back of small business, courtesy of ObamaCare..

"Small businesses are once again in the cross-hairs of ObamaCare, particularly the growing small businesses the economy needs to create much-needed jobs.

Starting in 2016, businesses with 51 to 100 employees will face fines of $2,000 to $3,000 a year per employee if they don’t provide ObamaCare-compliant health insurance for their workers. Also starting next year, these companies will be forced into insurance pools that could increase premiums for most of them by an average of 18%. That means they would be mandated to purchase health insurance that, for most, would be much more expensive.

The change will affect more than 150,000 businesses and more than three million workers."

Ref: Small Businesses Face New ObamaCare Threats - Forbes

Employer Sponsored Health Insurance should be eliminated. It should have been done years ago. This is one of the main reasons we are in the mess we are in today with Obamacare.

That was a primary goal of the Wyden-Bennett Act.

That is true. Although if I remember correctly, HAA also included mandatory employer subsidies to employees. Plus an Individual Mandate & tax-payer subsidies, just like ACA ended up having.

All we needed was a return to the individual market, expanded Medicaid for low income, & a national high risk pool (perhaps administered by a private insurer).

Back