Ever heard of this Wellcare incentive?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Wellcare MA offers a contract to agents where a minimum number of apps submitted each month results in a check paid to them the following month. Ex: Agent that agrees to submit 10 apps receives $1,000 paid to him the following month. Anybody ever heard of this? How would it pass CMS muster?

Wellcare MA offers a contract to agents where a minimum number of apps submitted each month results in a check paid to them the following month. Ex: Agent that agrees to submit 10 apps receives $1,000 paid to him the following month. Anybody ever heard of this? How would it pass CMS muster?

I recall discussing something like that many years ago with the WellCare Regional manager. If memory serves me correctly, it's a somewhat captive position. I could be wrong there. It's been at least a decade since I had that conversation.

I enrolled three people into the new WellCare PPO this year. I've already had two calls from clients complaining about how they handle stuff. One yesterday was from a guy who had cataract surgery and and went to get a refill of the antibiotic eye drops. He was told that his insurance was saying it was too early to refill. I have never heard of this type of issue for an antibiotic. Two out of three have complained. Not a good start. I have maybe 8-10 enrolled in their HMO plan.

Can't say I've ever been too impressed with WellCare, but they are sometimes the right plan for a client so I will do what's right for the client and enroll them.

I worked with Wellcare years ago when they were promoting their pile of garbage Duet plan as a true dual MAPD. I posted here that it was being sold in a dishonest manner. They terminated my contract. CMS agreed with me and told Wellcare to pull the plan.

Wellcare hated me so much that 2 weeks after my son contracted they termed him FOR CAUSE. We threatened to sue the bastards when they changed their records.

Unless something changed they are the worst of the worst.

Rick

I used to work with them a few years ago, I wrote maybe 10 clients with them, Besides what Sman mentioned the last straw was in Suffolk NY they had a good plan then they created a new plan with same benefits, Only noncommissionable and canceled the commissionable plan

After that, I had a client with a small issue but the lack of customer service, I just decided it's not worth it

I don’t write it much But I did just delete an email about a certain number of apps written gives you a bonus. I did write two in January and got a $50 gas card for each one, so that was nice.

Edit: just checked my email it wasn’t a bonus. They were doing WellCare Olympics and the top people get free marketing items. If they are offering a cash incentive it’s probably for the captive side

Back