Evercare - Slight Commission Reduction in 2 states

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
Just received an emal with information on commission changes for evercare in a couple of states. I'm sure that for those writing in Arizona and Florida, this is a "minor" change.

It is important that these programs balance the interests of members, health care providers, producers and our company. For various reasons, the programs in Arizona and Florida are currently out of balance. Changes will be made for 2009 that will bring the plans back into alignment. For now, we believe it is appropriate, and in the best interest of all our stakeholders, to adjust our efforts in these markets.

As such, effective for sales dates beginning July 1, 2008, we will no longer pay commissions on any new applications to the Arizona and Florida Chronic SNP plans. This does not apply to the Evercare Health Plan for People with Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia (“Evercare Plan AD”).

Rick

And I was just getting started with it. If it wasn't for bad news, I wouldn't get any.

Rabbi, not to be a difficult child here, but you may recall that back a while I posted what a crapball company they are to deal with and you highlighted that it was just a matter of some folks in the main office and if you called back and got someone else it was all okay. Well, it is not all okay. I stand by my comments for many, many reasons. Things are not well with them.

Winter

A couple of years ago the same thing happened with Pyramid. They were my "go-to" plan in one area in California. I anticipated writing about 100 apps during the OEP.

Approximately Dec. 1 2006 they announced a commission reduction of 75% in that particular (and many other) area. My production dropped dramatically.

By the end of June I wrote 86 plans with them but since 20-25 were at reduced commission, I failed to qualify for their trip to Cabo. I needed 82 but they didn't count those in reduced commission areas.

Pyramid was paid additional dollars by CMS to write in EVERY county of the states they were in. By reducing commission it obviously had the effect of cherry picking because agents would not write business in those areas. The company would stand to get extra funding without any extra "risk."

This business is getting dirtier and dirtier. I think the carriers are going to play one game to many and find themselves without a "job."

Rick

Rabbi, not to be a difficult child here, but you may recall that back a while I posted what a crapball company they are to deal with and you highlighted that it was just a matter of some folks in the main office and if you called back and got someone else it was all okay. Well, it is not all okay. I stand by my comments for many, many reasons. Things are not well with them.

Winter

Things are not well in ANY industry. People are lazy and greedy.
:mad:

I have to agree with Winter here.

UHC is the worst company I have ever dealt with and that includes Universal health Care.

I have lost over $3,000 in commissions because of poor CS, bad handling of enrollments, and oh yeah ZERO effort on the part of provider relations to get or keep doctors.

May have something to do with LOWERING remibursements to doctors when other Med Adv. companies are paying over 100%.

Not ery smart folks especially in Florida.

Yeah, I just got licensed, planning to sell the evercare chronic plan & about the time I'll be appointed to sell it I cannot get paid. Oops!

Anyone have something else they like for seniors in Florida? My general agent is saying "Well, sell dual eligibles.

Of course I am so green I'm not sure what's happening except my business plan has been thrown a curve & I was looking for a fast ball.

Yeah, I just got licensed, planning to sell the evercare chronic plan & about the time I'll be appointed to sell it I cannot get paid. Oops!

Anyone have something else they like for seniors in Florida? My general agent is saying "Well, sell dual eligibles.

Of course I am so green I'm not sure what's happening except my business plan has been thrown a curve & I was looking for a fast ball.

Like your GA said, sell Dual Eligibles, they are alot of them In Florida and it pays great.

I was on the verge of signing GA contracts with them. After all I'm hearing here, I think I'll wait and see. I don't need any more hassles than I've got trying to earn a living. Here in NY it's already hard enough. :wacko:

Thanks for the heads up !

Hank

Back