Every Fire A Client?

moonlightandmargaritas

Guru
5000 Post Club
I fired a client today. Too much trouble. I don't do it often, and it feels bad during the season of "peace on earth, goodwill toward men", but it had to be done.

Ever do it?

PS-Did enjoy a nice lunch at Hooters with another client though. Nice snow crab leg special - and two cold drafts!

I have fired a lot of perspective clients - one said "If they don't take my (individual) application I am suing you and the carrier" - I said well "you can't sue me because I won't be your agent - CLICK"

Yes sometimes is is healthy to fire clients , for example if they swear (not in general) but at you directly, it is time to hang up the phone or walk away.

daham...I fired one also today....it was a sticky divorce mandate kid risk pool....I already went the 9's 2 years ago and got him set up and the stupid asshole let it lapse after 6 mo....now its I gotta have this done yesterday.....

Being independent, and not having any externally-imposed quotas, I have fired several clients along the way.

I simply tell them that I will not be able to satisfy their needs, and I refer them to someone else.

I then fill the new agent in on what's been going on, and let him/her take it from there. I tell them the chemistry just wasn't there, and that they may work better with this person.

I do not send the fired client a thank you note, and I delete any and all recollection of them from my files, electronic or otherwise.

I've fired 'em, mostly for being PIA's who don't follow my advice or if they question me too much. I appreciate Play-Doh clients that I can mold into the client that's right for me.

Most of the time I would not be referring them to a new agent. That is, unless I didn't like the agent.

I did one too.... not in such a bold way though... turned them over to BCBS, and that sold itself so I didn't appear to be 'firing' them.

I am so happy to be rid of them; and I'm not sorry to say.

I know customer service will help them. lol...

Laterrrrrrrrrrrr and I don't feel any remorse about this decision at all. :nah:

I used to run a small P&C ageny and had a client with an auto policy that was an absolute PIA. He moved to San Diego and although I could service him thought it better to give the account to another agent.

So I sent him a letter saying it would be in his best interest to contact an agent with the company in San Diego. I also informed the comany of this.

The little bastard turned me in to the BBB! Somehow he thought I was canceling his coverage.

In the past few years, I have told a few people that I would not be able to help them but these have mostly been prospects. There are a few seniors that are a PIA, but I forgive them because of their age. I figure they won't be my clients forever.

Rick

...There are a few seniors that are a PIA, but I forgive them because of their age. I figure they won't be my clients forever.

Rick

Cue spooky Boris Karloff music here.........Rick doesn't just fire clients, he....yikes:embarrassed:

Just kidding Rick! It's Saturday - go get coffee or something and get off of this forum for a while LOL

Dave

The little bastard turned me in to the BBB! Somehow he thought I was canceling his coverage.
I am proudly NOT a BBB member.

I filed a complaint once to the BBB on the BBB - lol... That was a classic.

I have always questioned the BBB tactics and I just do not agree with them at all... Occasionally a customer asks if I am a member of the BBB , and my reply is NO I would never join such an organization of thieves.

I fired a client last week (small group of 5). After having them on the books for about 6 months I find out that they had lied to me about actual employees and other things. I took this group over with a BOR change. Then I find out not all the employees showed up on de-6 and they were pulling some underhanded stuff to try and fool bluecross. I wasn't having it and fired them.

Back