Every Time You Run an Aetna Small Group Quote, a Kitten Dies

souldeux

Guru
1000 Post Club
I don't think I'll ever figure out how Aetna stays in business.

I just want my freaking group proposal, guys. Come on.

Two groups. One with three people, one with ten. The three person group is just borked all to hell, and the ten person group...well, their census vanishes every time it gets too close to the Dark Halls of Aetna.

Is there some kind of secret I'm missing to squeezing group proposals out of these guys? The online tool is schizophrenic at best, and actually calling into that phone labyrinth is like asking someone to set a car door on fire and then slam it onto your head.

I really need a direct rep with them. Sigh.

Aetna's site only barely works in IE. I ran a sm group quote a few weeks ago. Saved it. Went back a few days later and it was nowhere to be found.

I called Greg Browne. He dug around and found it for me.

I logged back in and it was MIA again.

I always email my small group quote requests to Aetna and get them back in a timely manner (usually within 24-72 hours).

If I ever run into any trouble, I give Greg Browne a call (see somarco's post).

Hooooo boy.

My sincere apologies to Mr. Greg Browne, who called me in a slight panic after the Head of Sales at Aetna read this thread and directed him to "fix things."

Greg was unquestionably the most helpful person I've talked to at Aetna in my career. He won a large chunk of my business with his call.

For the record, I'm on a Mac so I was using Safari.

Aetna reads this stuff?

Who knew?

They haven't bothered to fix things that really matter. Like getting policies issued before the spring thaw.

I can't even get contracted with them.

I submitted all the paper work over 2 weeks ago.

Back