Everyone named Senior ...Something

Hanger

Expert
Indiana
So I was curious and starting Googling and looking around and I was surprised at home many companies or websites are Senior Services, Senior Living etc. I understand it’s marketing and targeted, but seems crazy that with the ease of internet etc- that’s potential clients would goto the wrong site and what not.

Example-Is just going with a Smith Agency- A Senior Service Agency that crazy? Seems simple and ensures traffic gets to the right company either on phone, web or social media.

Obviously- being new perhaps I don’t understand that aspect but I would think something different would be better as long as the message of service is clear?
Am I wrong?

It's a gimmick to target a marketing segment. Other examples are businesses operated by veterans that seek veterans as customers. And how many times have you passed a store with a sign saying "This is a Christian business."

It's a gimmick to target a marketing segment. Other examples are businesses operated by veterans that seek veterans as customers. And how many times have you passed a store with a sign saying "This is a Christian business."

It makes sense in a marketing aspect. Just seemed like going against the grain would have been a lot of others thoughts here to try and catch the eye of seniors a different way.

But accepting of non Veteran's money.

Thats why I always thought the tag line was more important than the agency name-
Bob Smith Insurance
Specializing in Christian Beliefs or Specializing in Veteran Services

At first you know its an insurance business, but then you see, oh their values align with mine or hey, I served in the Marines, I should check them out kinda thing.....

...And how many times have you passed a store with a sign saying "This is a Christian business."
Exactly zero times. I’ve seen the fish, but never the statement. And I live in the “Bible Belt”. How many times have you personally seen that sign?

But accepting of all other religion's money.
As I said above, I’ve never seen a sign like that. But if a business did post such a sign, I would assume it to be a statement of their ethical foundation, not a statement of exclusivity. The same goes for a kosher deli or a halal butcher. Seeing them state that they’re kosher or halal tells you about the religious guidelines they’re following in food prep, not that a Christian wouldn’t be allowed to do business with them.

Last edited:
Thats why I always thought the tag line was more important than the agency name-
Bob Smith Insurance
Specializing in Christian Beliefs or Specializing in Veteran Services

At first you know its an insurance business, but then you see, oh their values align with mine or hey, I served in the Marines, I should check them out kinda thing.....
Actually I just wanted to illustrate how goofy a certain tool is.

Back