Examfx Vs America Professor

The one thing I would say is that (With Life/Health that's my area) you don't have to agonize over it. The differences between programs are NOT huge.

Your ability to pass will depend on you and the effort you put in.

Just an FYI the America Professor study packages appear to only be available for 45 days once you purchase. Something to keep in mind.

----------

Sorry, a little late to the party here but I wanted to clarify that our courses start with an initial 45-day online subscription period. We actually extend our student's courses until they pass their exams, free of charge. If a student fails we will go over their diagnostic report from the test provider and give them study recommendations. Our courses include hard copy textbooks, review questions, full teaching lectures (to the book) and most importantly, support if you have questions regarding the content or course navigation. Anyway, I just wanted to add a little clarity to the America's Professor difference. ;)

I recently used examfx for P&C and L&H in PA.
I thought it prepared me really well. The questions are confusing and tricky, but the state test was exactly the same. Also the examfx questions sometimes mirror word for word the state questions. I studied like crazy and got a 75% for both. A pass is a pass. There was a lady crying in the lobby because she failed P&C a third time.

For the Life and Health, I recommend Xcel Testing Solutions. I was looking for a career change and posted my resume on one of those job boards. I got a call from an insurance agency to train at an entry level with a contingent offer of an agency appointment upon successfully passing the state exam. They directed me to use Xcel with a discount code where I only paid $48 out of pocket for the online test prep material. I was a little skeptical at first because I was blowing through the material and scoring high... like 85-100% on most of the chapter quizzes and I haven't seen the inside of a classroom or a school in over 20 years. I finished most of the reading in 3 weeks time. I said "most of the reading" because I was only about 96% complete and still needed to read through the last chapter which I believe was insurance regulation or something like that, but my state exam date came up fast between working my job (that I hated at the time) and family life. So I took the state exam without ever really completing the course material and passed the AZ state L&H exam at 90% on the first attempt (no bs!). Luckily, my state is one of a few states that do not require you to finish the test prep material. My only regret is not completing the test prep course and getting that prized certificate with gold seal...LOL! So yeah... try xceltesting.com

ExamFX has good content but unless you are getting a discount code from a company you are contracted with I would look at a different content provider. I used the site before and after they became ExamFX and at the time of transition everything was great but now customer service has gone down hill. They will tell you thing and then nest week tell you didn't happen and they cant help you. Also I was refused to access to a manager.

Just wanted to give ExamFx a review - I took their Life Accident and Health course for NY - I went through all of the material, practice quizzes (averaged 90s-100), 50 question practice tests (80s-low 90s) simulated exams and ultimately their guarantee exam (84).

I felt like ExamFx went through 98% of the material I saw on the real exam - there were a few riders and concepts that came up on the real exam that I was not familiar with (maybe 2 or 3) and overall felt very prepared for the real exam. I went through all of the material once initially (took me longer than i expected, more than 40 hours for sure, but thats with the distraction of a full time job and raising a couple of kids) - I went through a few practice exams/simulations and was scoring in the high 80s-90s consistently (They are fairly repetitive, but there are similar variations, so you learn to read the question carefully). By the time I did the the certification exam (using a proctor) I was very familiar with the material. The last few days I skimmed over the entire content again (over the parts i highlighted, and the facts/figures that I knew I could never remember) prior to taking the NYS exam and passed comfortably. However, I should note that the real exam definitely seemed harder than the examFx as the questions seemed vaguer. While 55-60% of the questions I could answer definitively, a good 30% of the questions seem to have multiple right answers that required you to read the questions carefully (and I wasn't even certain about the answer), and sometimes the questions seemed to have more confusing phrasings requiring you to parse out what they are referring to to get to the right answer. In the end I did pretty well (better than the certification and guarantee exams) but I definely had to work for it. The closest to the real exam is probably the guarantee exam (uses mostly new questions).

If you are willing to put the time into it, ExamFx works!

Good luck!

If anyone is still looking at the post now in 2020, I can say I've taken both courses. I paid for the America's Professors course and took the exam but then my job made me take the course again through AD Banker because I didn't have my license in hand yet (?? -- yeah, made no sense to me either) Anywho, I finished the Health course with America's Professors in about 3 days and went and took the test and passed on the first try.

The America's Professors course was video lessons and the instructor was awesome, in my opinion, with comparing the course material to real life situation to make them make sense. The AD course was read by a computer (SIRI type of voice). It was very boring and was not personable like the AP course.

I also felt like the AD course was all over the place while the AP course was more contained. I would prefer America's Professors over AD.

Also, I took the AD course after taking the actual exam and I felt the course didn't go over what was actually on the exam and some of the content I had never even heard nor saw on the exam.

Back