Exchanges Doomed?

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Are the exchanges doomed for these reasons?

Logistically, these requirements present a massive challenge. For the first time, secure data feeds from the Departments of Homeland Security (establishing legal immigrant or US citizen status), Justice (for felon history), Treasury (for tax return information to impute income) and the Social Security Administration (establishing that the recipient is not deceased) would have to be combined. These data feeds would then have to be securely coordinated by the Department of Health and Human Services. There is no history of these agencies ever bringing their data together at this scale. It would qualify as the largest IT integration project in U.S. history.
Next, all 50 states would have to integrate this data into 50 different versions of a Travelocity.com for health insurance -- all while seamlessly shifting millions of recipients back and forth between private insurance and public programs like Medicaid and CHIP; allocating subsides; and collecting insurance premiums.
Built To Fail: Health Insurance Exchanges Under The Affordable Care Act (Guest Opinion) - Kaiser Health News

Bringing so much information together to a central database will tempt every hacker in the world to break into and/or just plain attack this infrastructure.

The result will be incorrect information that endanger lives due to insurance policies being incorrectly canceled, identities being stolen, and worse. Will cost way more than what's budgeted.
:nah:

Oh, come on. It'll work! Yep, indeed it will. And two-thirds of America will all change insurance plans on 1/1/2014, with no phase-in or staggered effective date of this thing. No problem. Just hire navigators to enroll a couple hundred million people on New Years Day 2014. It'll work. Change you can believe in.

Oh, come on. It'll work! Yep, indeed it will. And two-thirds of America will all change insurance plans on 1/1/2014, with no phase-in or staggered effective date of this thing. No problem. Just hire navigators to enroll a couple hundred million people on New Years Day 2014. It'll work. Change you can believe in.

Not to mention the ones who come out of the woodwork that never had insurance.

As for our office, we're here to help, we are ready to enroll! We know the products, we know the companies, we know how applications are filled out. We won't even be selfish, we just take part of Georgia, alongside the other agents here already just like us. You take Arizona, same thing. I however, do NOT want to work for free. My employees and my mortgage company wouldn't like that.

Hey, aren't we doing this now? Who needs navigators anyway???

114 million households equates to about 11 million navigators doing 10 enrollments on new years day... if we can just get the employment numbers to be calculated on that day king obama can claim he solved the employment problem

114 million households equates to about 11 million navigators doing 10 enrollments on new years day... if we can just get the employment numbers

Kind of like those census workers.

Here today, gone tomorrow.

Are the exchanges doomed for these reasons?

Logistically, these requirements present a massive challenge. For the first time, secure data feeds from the Departments of Homeland Security (establishing legal immigrant or US citizen status), Justice (for felon history), Treasury (for tax return information to impute income) and the Social Security Administration (establishing that the recipient is not deceased) would have to be combined. These data feeds would then have to be securely coordinated by the Department of Health and Human Services. There is no history of these agencies ever bringing their data together at this scale. It would qualify as the largest IT integration project in U.S. history.
Next, all 50 states would have to integrate this data into 50 different versions of a Travelocity.com for health insurance -- all while seamlessly shifting millions of recipients back and forth between private insurance and public programs like Medicaid and CHIP; allocating subsides; and collecting insurance premiums.
Built To Fail: Health Insurance Exchanges Under The Affordable Care Act (Guest Opinion) - Kaiser Health News

HHS publically admitted (two months ago or so?) that this cannot work. Two issues. As mentioned earlier, to try and coordiante all this would be a logistical and engineering nightmare, with a low probability of success. So even if they were able to achieve success the second part, data integrity is the next nightmare.

Consider how difficult it is to track a persons eligibility, one month they are not qualified, the next the are, currently working, now not working, oops I just got a job two days after I certified that I was not working, etc, etc, etc,.

114 million households equates to about 11 million navigators doing 10 enrollments on new years day... if we can just get the employment numbers to be calculated on that day king obama can claim he solved the employment problem

Yeah good thing 1/1/2014 is a couple months to late for the election.

HHS publically admitted (two months ago or so?) that this cannot work. Two issues. As mentioned earlier, to try and coordiante all this would be a logistical and engineering nightmare, with a low probability of success. So even if they were able to achieve success the second part, data integrity is the next nightmare.

Consider how difficult it is to track a persons eligibility, one month they are not qualified, the next the are, currently working, now not working, oops I just got a job two days after I certified that I was not working, etc, etc, etc,.

This is just another conspiracy for universal healthcare. If tracking can't be done, just cover everyone no matter who the hell they are - for free. Makes the whole logistics stuff a moot point. Of course you have to find doctors willing to wait for their reimbursements.

Back