Exchanging Mapd Policy for Another

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have a client that during this AEP wants to switch from a UHC PPO to a UHC HMO for next year. I was just wondering how this would work commission wise. Would I get a chargeback, or be paid a commission for rolling the business over to a different MAPD?

I have a client that during this AEP wants to switch from a UHC PPO to a UHC HMO for next year. I was just wondering how this would work commission wise. Would I get a chargeback, or be paid a commission for rolling the business over to a different MAPD?

I haven't done MA for a couple of years, but wouldn't they treat it as a renewal since they're staying in MA(especially within the same company)...and only pay you half of FYC? As far as chargebacks, as I recall there were none if they kept the plan for 3 months.

I haven't done MA for a couple of years, but wouldn't they treat it as a renewal since they're staying in MA(especially within the same company)...and only pay you half of FYC? As far as chargebacks, as I recall there were none if they kept the plan for 3 months.

That makes sense :yes:

You will just stay as AOR and keep getting renewal commissions (or start getting renewals if 2013 was first year on PPO with UH.

If PPO on books less than twelve months than you get a charge back for the proration , if on renewal then obviously you don't but either way you get the 12 month advance for the replacement

Back