Experience at Northwestern Mutual

If you have 5 or more years in the business and you were also at Northwestern Mutual (key word being 'were'), what are your thoughts regarding Northwestern Mutual? What was your experience? What have you heard regarding what is currently going on at Northwestern Mutual?

If you have 5 or more years in the business and you were also at Northwestern Mutual (key word being 'were'), what are your thoughts regarding Northwestern Mutual? What was your experience? What have you heard regarding what is currently going on at Northwestern Mutual?

I am with Northwestern Mutual in Illinois and my success is directly attributable to what I have done myself. I think that for sure that the firm was a help, but I have been in the industry 25 years and was with another firm for 15 years before I started with Northwestern Mutual and I can say that the 'support' that Northwestern has provided isn't any different to the support that any other firm provides.

The vast majority of Northwestern Mutual's 'support' is in the area of 'telling you that NML's products are the best and that you should sell NML in all cases'. It's really a product push that goes beyond realistic. There are a lot of other products out there and there is no way that NML's products are the best in every situation. Only half of my sales are with NML products. There is no way that you can be a consultant, and do the best for your client, if everything that you recommend has a NML label on it.

Last edited:
Back