Experience with American Income Life?

Angio333

Expert
Ohio
American Income Life

I had an "interview" with American Income Life today, and was asked back for a second more detailed interview.

From what I was told, they exclusively sell life, diability, cancer, and other similiar insurance products to the members of over 20,000 unions. They stated that there is no cold calling, and they provide all of the leads.

They said that I will find out all of the details at the next meeting, but they said that you will be reimbursed for your health insurance premiums after 3 months and have a draw/commissions system of pay. They also said that it is not MLM like Primerica.

What do you guys/girls know about this company and what should I watch out for?

Thanks in advance!

Re: American Income Life

I sold for them way back in 1992. I made a lot of money. Their leads are pretty soft, to tell the truth. Folks then got notice that they were getting a free $1000 life insurance benefit on behalf of their employer. You called them, setup an appointment to "deliver" their certificate and "review their coverage". Most had crap for benefits, so that supplemental hospitalization stuff sold like hotcakes. We used a presentation called "Hour Power" where you would design a benefit that would fit within 1 hour of their wages per week or less.

I dont remember any Draw/Commission though. I only got commission. I was young, stupid, and needed money. I made plenty of money. I drank it all on weekends.

:cute:

do a search on this site for torchmark companies, UA united american and liberty national. {not good. }

I used to sell for them a long time ago. I made a lot of money with them, but then I was looking for beer money and to impress my then-girlfriend. I was young and dumb, but I still managed to make it work out ok. Even being lazy I made plenty of money.

We didnt get a draw back then, just straight commission. The product was an easy sell and we used an "hour power" presentation to sell it with. One hour of their weekly wages for all of the benefits. The folks had garbage for health insurance, so they couldnt wait to sign up. All of it was a rider to a small (or large if I could convince them) Life policy.

It was good for some folks, others just signed up because their friends and neighbors did. For those who would fall into a financial disaster if they were hospitalized and had to miss work, this was a no-brainer because they couldnt afford to lose that weekly wage. AIL started paying I think it was like $50-$100 per day of hospitalization in cash after day five or something or another. For most, that was almost as much if not more than they were making on the job at the Pallet Factory or Chicken Slaughterhouse.

Not sure if they are still selling the same stuff. BTW, I never prospected with them. We got stacks of leads which were $1000 life insurance certificates that were provided on behalf of their company/union. We would call the leads and setup and appointment to deliver the certificate, record their info (we had to record their info and delivery date to make the $1k insurance legit), and go over their coverage to see if there was "anywhere else we might be able to help".

Worked like a charm. Selling six or seven policies a week was easy. The driving through the Central Pennsylvania countryside and boredom were horrible.

Last edited:
I am wondering if anyone is familiar with American Income Life. I am thinking about going to work for them and would like to know some information about them outside of their web site AIL Partners in Eugene, Portland, Hillsboro and Tigard Oregon

Anyone have experience with this company? Any info would be appreciated.

I have never worked for AIL but am familiar with them because I have some friend that ONCE worked for them...

You are selling ad&d policies to union workers... on the phone you lie and tell them that because they are part of a certain union they automaticly qualify for a $5,000 accidental policy...

I was told, that these signed contracts where just thrown away when agents went back in the office...

You do your sales presentation and the policies are like 2,500 whole life but it doubles if your in a train accident it multiplies four times in an airplan and 10X in a boat....

I am not joking, I swear!

Very high turnover rate, people dont last long, low commisions, captive...

Again, this is what Ive heard...

If this is true.... Stay away away away very far away!

AIL is recruiting all the time. They contact union members and try to upsell them. Their counter part for individuals is United American...I believe that they are all part of Torchmark.

Forget the Jet...catch a flight on the space suttle

I never worked for them, but have a friend who has and just wanted to confirm what is being said is absolutely true about AIL. She had a horrible experience with them.

Back