Experience with American Income Life?

Re: Anerican Income Life

"American Income Life's executive offices are located in Waco, Texas. AIL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK), based in McKinney, Texas."

xrac said:
I worked for them for a time. The manager I had was a liar and a thief. They do recruit constantly and will take anyone who breathes. They use a free accident policy (ours was $1,000) to get the foot in the door. They play the union card real strong we even had a membership card to show. Part of our presentation was to ask for donations of canned goods to help other union workers either laid off or striking. Softened them up for the sale. We sold small dollar amounts of life (packaged as final expense) and accident coverage along with cancer policies. The prime market was the lower middle class down. It was not hard to do, I closed the first time I ever presented. The problem I had were as follows:
(1)They scheduled all of the appointments for us (usually five per day). Sometimes these were not good appointments with no shows and so forth and for that I blame the people overseeing the telemarketing.
(2)Our office had a large area to cover and they set appointments for me as far as 120 miles away. This meant about 4 hours of windshield time plus the time for the appointments. If you were doing appointments that far away you were putting in a lot of hours since we ran appointments five days per week. You could easily log 50 hours plus just driving and doing appointments not counting office time.
(3)Our appointments were almost all rural with tons of driving (with gas prices today that would be a killer). You didn't set the appointments so sometimes you found yourself driving back and forth because of the appointment order.
(4)Appointment were always ran in the evening except for Saturday mornings. The reason is these were unioin workers who mostly work day shift and you had to have both husband and wife home for the presentation. If you had appointments 2 hours away with the last appointment at 9:00 p.m. you could easily not be home before midnight or one o'clock. My wife got tired of that real fast.
(5)This is a Torchmark outfit and the Union card was only a gimmick although a very effective one.
(6)All you were in this position was just a peddler. Your were helping people a little bit but you weren't a professional who offered real solutions for real problems. When you ran across someone who had serious need of an annuity, or and IRA, or a large face amount policy you were out of luck.
(7)The manager at this office was a sleaze ball punk.
All in all American Income is not a place I would try to build a career. In the right office with the right management you can make some money and learn some stuff but there are a lot better places to start. If you can qualify I would look at one of the majors like MM, NWM, NYL, Metlife, or Guardian. If not there look at Combined or Western Southern. These are just the places I am familiar with that are better choices than AIL.

AIL is a great company to work for. I am sorry that some of you had a bad manager that may have lied, which I highly doubt. Yes they have a high turnover rate. Honestly how much more does a company have to give someone because most of you sound lazy.

1. They have great training structure to help you succeed, most of the people who quit are the ones who cant follow direction (SO EVERYONE READING THIS READ CAREFULLY)
2. They give you leads so that you do not have to call all your friends and family like other places want you to do, or go door to door or cold call or prospect.
3. Their commission structure allows you to always make a paycheck and get started quickly, wereas most other places from what I read do not have that. They also bonus you weekly no other place does that.

The managers get paid for recruiting is garbage, they get paid when people work and get paid.

AIL takes good care of the members at least giving them something whether they buy or not, they do have a food bank that helps out alot of union families in need (how many other companies do half of that besides just ask for money and then screw them when it comes time to get paid.)

Their programs may not be the best individually, but as a complete package consisting of burial, income protection, full accidental and hospital supplemental they easily can hold their own. So package up alot of other companies benefits and all the hogwash that does not cover anything and then see how the bang for the buck compares.

So yes they go through alot of people and that is because everyone on here crying is the reason why because you want everything handed to you on a platter (AIL already does that for you) and then when that happens it still is not good enough and you cant hack it so you run and cry about it. Frankly I would not want to train any of you anyways because you would be useless, and I do not want any responses to what you can do because I know what they have to offer compared to the competition and I have seen your posting, that tells me enough.

So good luck to all of you, because most successful people in this business do not come to forums like this to find all the cry babies. I guess I found this by accident and now I know why I am not coming back after this posting.

Re: American Income Life

I work for them and they are a good company. The commission scale and bucket money protect you and give you a fast paycheck that you can keep going. If you work hard then you will do fine, they go through people quickly so that they can get rid of the dead weight that takes the leads you can be making money off of.

I say yes. The posting above is a joke. Go find out for yourself. They are a good company with a good structure. If you work hard you will do fine. That guy above is one of the ones they get rid of because he is useless and is the person wasting the leads you could be making money from. AIL wants you to do good, so most of the people that stay and do good are the ones that did their job and did not cry about it, like others.

I say yes. The posting above is a joke. Go find out for yourself. They are a good company with a good structure. If you work hard you will do fine. That guy above is one of the ones they get rid of because he is useless and is the person wasting the leads you could be making money from. AIL wants you to do good, so most of the people that stay and do good are the ones that did their job and did not cry about it, like others.

If this post is so out of line why do the majority agree with me?

Experience with American Income Life?

How long have you been with AIL and are you a manager?

Last edited:

"American Income Life's executive offices are located in Waco, Texas. AIL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK), based in McKinney, Texas."

If they are a Torchmark Company....run like hell!!:swoon:Don't drink the Kool-Aid!!

OOPS!! Too late on the Kool-Aid :D

Re: American Income Life

I work for them and they are a good company. The commission scale and bucket money protect you and give you a fast paycheck that you can keep going. If you work hard then you will do fine, they go through people quickly so that they can get rid of the dead weight that takes the leads you can be making money off of.

Sounds like they left because you drank all of the Kool-Aid! :no:

How many of those do you have to sell to net 1k a week? Sounds like another kool aid stand.

AIL is a great company to work for. I am sorry that some of you had a bad manager that may have lied, which I highly doubt. Yes they have a high turnover rate. Honestly how much more does a company have to give someone because most of you sound lazy.

1. They have great training structure to help you succeed, most of the people who quit are the ones who cant follow direction (SO EVERYONE READING THIS READ CAREFULLY)
2. They give you leads so that you do not have to call all your friends and family like other places want you to do, or go door to door or cold call or prospect.
3. Their commission structure allows you to always make a paycheck and get started quickly, wereas most other places from what I read do not have that. They also bonus you weekly no other place does that.

The managers get paid for recruiting is garbage, they get paid when people work and get paid.

AIL takes good care of the members at least giving them something whether they buy or not, they do have a food bank that helps out alot of union families in need (how many other companies do half of that besides just ask for money and then screw them when it comes time to get paid.)

Their programs may not be the best individually, but as a complete package consisting of burial, income protection, full accidental and hospital supplemental they easily can hold their own. So package up alot of other companies benefits and all the hogwash that does not cover anything and then see how the bang for the buck compares.

So yes they go through alot of people and that is because everyone on here crying is the reason why because you want everything handed to you on a platter (AIL already does that for you) and then when that happens it still is not good enough and you cant hack it so you run and cry about it. Frankly I would not want to train any of you anyways because you would be useless, and I do not want any responses to what you can do because I know what they have to offer compared to the competition and I have seen your posting, that tells me enough.

So good luck to all of you, because most successful people in this business do not come to forums like this to find all the cry babies. I guess I found this by accident and now I know why I am not coming back after this posting.

You will be sorely missed! :D:D:D:goofy:

You'll come back. You put too much effort in your long winded posts not to.
Anyway, could you please define success for me? What is making a good living to you? How much does a good living pay and how many hours a week do you have to work for it?
I'm just curious.
I figure those types of things are always left for individual interpretation but in this instance, with you being so adamant about how wonderful it is to work for this joint, and myself never having worked there; I'd like you to be a bit more explicit about why you think this place is so great. In other words, lay it on the table. I want to know how many hours you work a week and how much you are getting paid for it AND how long you have been with this company. I suppose I would also like to know why you are defending them like a major stock holder.

Back