Experience with American Income Life?

I worked for AIL in the early 90's when Bernie Rappaport ran the company. I am disappointed to here some of the horror stories from agents and clients. It was a great little company that took care of their agents and mostly union member clients. It is really sad to hear how things have changed.

I remember Bernie! Nice guy, and a GREAT salesman! I still have one of his video tapes around here somewhere.

I agree with the agents who are advising you to stay away from American Income. I worked for Liberty National for seven years which is a part of Torchmark. The turn over rate at LNL and AI was horrendous. Torchmark's marketing plan is based on the more agents they hire the more sales that will be generated. Managers with both companies are under a lot of pressure to constantly recruit and hire new agents. Managers are graded on how many agents they recruit not on how many leave within the first year. Retention of agents is not a concern with a Torchmark company.

I agree with the agents who are advising you to stay away from American Income. I worked for Liberty National for seven years which is a part of Torchmark. The turn over rate at LNL and AI was horrendous. Torchmark's marketing plan is based on the more agents they hire the more sales that will be generated. Managers with both companies are under a lot of pressure to constantly recruit and hire new agents. Managers are graded on how many agents they recruit not on how many leave within the first year. Retention of agents is not a concern with a Torchmark company.

And they will accept anyone who can fog a mirror. Of the three main players in office I worked in two were real dirt bags and one was the manager.

Has anyone worked in the NYC area? For NILICO?
Is the supplemental insurance that NILICO sells, similar to the stuff AFLAC sells?

Does anyone have real numbers? How much are policies and what is the commission%?

Thanks,

I don't mean to be negative, but that is why I left AIL. I wrote some business and it ended up on another agents paycheck.

Enough said.

Personally I don't know much about the company.

But what i do know is that while i was taking my pre-license test, my parents were getting AIL since my step father works for the union.

Guys parked in my driveway in a nice Porche looking very pro.

When they left they gave my mother a buisness card and told her that they are hiring.

Im currently signed up with NAA, but looking at the sucess of the agents that came to my door i might try for AIL.

But what i do know is that while i was taking my pre-license test, my parents were getting AIL since my step father works for the union.

When they left they gave my mother a buisness card and told her that they are hiring.

Im currently signed up with NAA, but looking at the sucess of the agents that came to my door i might try for AIL.

Anybody can get a Porsche financed at a buy here pay here..:biggrin:

I know of two AIL agents that have lost their homes and cars.

I would suggest finding another qualifier than what somebody drives.

Back