Experience with GoodRX Membership Discounts?

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
Just talked to a carrier rep familiar with GoodRX, describing the membership option that supposedly gives higher discounts. Although a company employee, the rep was using the membership in their family.

They mentioned that WalMart, Walgreens and CVS don't participate in the membership part, but, of course, most of the 3 do honor the coupons on the free site. I have contacted local pharmacists at all 3 for clients, who said, yes they take the coupons if their company is listed with a coupon offer.

Is the membership worth it?

Walgreens has their program I just signed up for it it's $20 a year. It just knocked sertraline from $65 down to $15

Until my dog died two weeks ago I was using GoodRx for his massive amount of medication. They saved me a fortune.

Rick

Sorry for your loss. What kind of dog? I've got two. I've got one that's 9 & healthy & her grandparents lived to 18.

I thought you'd have to get pet meds through your vet?

Although I have heard of kids using horse tranquilizers as a recreational drug.

Sorry for your loss. What kind of dog? I've got two. I've got one that's 9 & healthy & her grandparents lived to 18.

I thought you'd have to get pet meds through your vet?

Although I have heard of kids using horse tranquilizers as a recreational drug.

My border collie Ernie died from Hemangio Sacraoma after battling it for 8 months following surgery. He was on expensive seizure medication for about 3 years also. Had him for 11.5 years. Wish it was much longer.

There is almost nothing designated as "Pet Meds". They are regular medication in the proper dose. He was on Levothyroxine for year. I could get a 90 day supply (4 pills a day) for $40 at WalMart vs. $80 at Walgreens. I had used Costco until I found the goodrx app.

Rick

My border collie Ernie died from Hemangio Sacraoma after battling it for 8 months following surgery. He was on expensive seizure medication for about 3 years also. Had him for 11.5 years. Wish it was much longer.

There is almost nothing designated as "Pet Meds". They are regular medication in the proper dose. He was on Levothyroxine for year. I could get a 90 day supply (4 pills a day) for $40 at WalMart vs. $80 at Walgreens. I had used Costco until I found the goodrx app.

Rick

Yep. My dogs will never live long enough unless they outlive me!

At one point I was considering buying pet insurance but didn't. I just had $500 bill for small surgery. I talked with one owner who spent $25k on his dog's health. Not sure if he was being truthful.

Just found this:
https://www.thebalance.com/making-a-living-selling-pet-insurance-125801

Pet insurance is technically a subcategory of property and casualty insurance

The 2010 survey by the Bureau of Labor and Statistics survey reported that the median annual earnings of insurance agents were $46,770. The middle 50 percent earned between $33,070 and $68,730 per year.

I could go DKing with my dog ;). Might be interesting cross sell. Although P&C vs. L&H.

At one point I was considering buying pet insurance but didn't. I just had $500 bill for small surgery. I talked with one owner who spent $25k on his dog's health. Not sure if he was being truthful.

Sarah cost me $60,000+. Monty was $25,00+.

I did buy insurance for Ernie. The site is a bit old and needs updating but anyone with a dog/cat is an *** for not buying insurance - or they don't care enough about their family member.

Petsurance This is my site. The insurance company is healthy paws. I get paid next to nothing (I think it's $5) but that's not important to me. Not losing animals because their owners can't afford to save them is the only thing that matters.

Healthy Paws paid out over 100 claims for Ernie totally well over $75,000. Was it worth having him insured?

And for those who think I'm an *** for spending so much on my dogs, all I can say is f*ck you! For those who actually care, Ernie never was in pain other than treatment like surgery that extended his life. Otherwise he was a happy boy.

Rick

Sarah cost me $60,000+. Monty was $25,00+.

I did buy insurance for Ernie. The site is a bit old and needs updating but anyone with a dog/cat is an *** for not buying insurance - or they don't care enough about their family member.

Petsurance This is my site. The insurance company is healthy paws. I get paid next to nothing (I think it's $5) but that's not important to me. Not losing animals because their owners can't afford to save them is the only thing that matters.

Healthy Paws paid out over 100 claims for Ernie totally well over $75,000. Was it worth having him insured?

And for those who think I'm an *** for spending so much on my dogs, all I can say is f*ck you! For those who actually care, Ernie never was in pain other than treatment like surgery that extended his life. Otherwise he was a happy boy.

Rick
I had thought about insuring my dogs long and hard. I went to dog camp. Wisconsin Dells. you n your dog n bunch of other dogs n owners. One session was a vet explaining what happens at a vet exam. I asked how much I should have in reserve. She said $2k/dog. One owner at session said she had healthy paws insurance and was happy with it. I researched it seemed to have good reviews.

I decided to "self insure" which I have $2k for each dog. But I'm not really sure I'd be able to make the tough call to not spend money on my dogs. So $75k would be terrible conundrum for me.

I have 9 yr old n 2 yr old. 9 yr old still insurable?

True story I called vet. How much for teeth cleaning? $350. How much to just put em down? $225. let's do that it's cheaper. I was being sarcastic/joking. Although without insurance :( and a $4k estimate would suck.

Side note. I asked vet biggest indicator /factor in longevity. She said healthy weight. I'm down 100 lbs!

----------

Amy Age 9, Medium Crossbreed (31 - 59 lbs)

Reimbursement option for ages 8+
60%
Annual deductible option for ages 8+
$750
$35.54/month
You Save $35.72 a year!

60% with $750 deductible for $420/year.

My 2 year old:
Zove Age 2

Select a reimbursment level:
80%
Select a deductible level:
$500
$32.69/month

For my 2 yr old. With $25,000 health problem my oop would be $5,500 for about $400/year.

I like your website. The healthy paw quote engine is really easy to use too.

Back