Experience with LEAP

Its impressive if you "get it"

It impressive if you can get people to give you enough time to explain it.

Its not great for quick sales, but a cool tool to use for long term financial planning, with Whole Life as the primary tool.

It is a lengthy process and needs to only be done with clients with sufficient assets.

I believe Larry Tew, who is a valued Forum member, has great experience utilizing LEAP among other tools. Hopefully he will come along and offer his expertise.

The comprehensive LEAP process is a lengthy one. However, based on the LEAP Systems website, I think they've changed some of their tools.

The process was this:
1st meeting: Orientation & introduce PS&G model
2nd meeting: Fact-finder
3rd meeting: Protection component
4th meeting: Savings component
5th meeting: Growth component
6th meeting: Integrating everything together
7th meeting: Referrals

It's a ton of meetings, with the advisor doing a lot of talking about their "fancy computer light show". It has a steep learning curve, particularly for anyone who is 'new' in the industry. Very expensive for the system, let alone for the training sessions.

Circle of wealth is similar from what I can tell, just a different way to communicate the same principles.

If you wanted to charge planning fees for each session, then it would probably be worth all the work you'd be doing.

I would recommend checking out the Insurance Pro Shop for a simpler, quicker, and cheaper method of getting the same kinds of sales.

I believe Larry Tew, who is a valued Forum member, has great experience utilizing LEAP among other tools. Hopefully he will come along and offer his expertise.

Thanks for that introduction, Steve.

I was a LEAP user from the early 90s until around 2000. I'm sure it's changed some but from my ongoing conversations with current users, it still has a steep learning curve and is not only expensive to buy into but expensive to renew each year compared to alternative systems.

There's LEAP, Circle of Wealth, Infinite Banking, Bank on Yourself, Truth Concepts, Insurance Pro Shop, and probably some others. I've been using Circle of Wealth for about 8 years. The learning curve is much shorter - not that there is less to learn, but in COW there's an audio as well as video tutorial built into every screen of the system. There's also a substantial philosophical difference between the two organizations.

Original Poster, if you want more information, email me direct at [email protected] with your email address.

Back