Experience with Wellcare PDP

russelltw

Guru
1000 Post Club
Board, can you provide any experience with Wellcare's PDPs? They are coming up much more frequently in the top 3-5 for 2019 Part D plans.

I don't have much experience with them over the last couple years and seem to remember them having a low star rating.

Envision has been my "go to" for clients on low cost generics or no med's. Very few complaints. Mostly from folks who didn't like paying $4 when the pharmacy cash price was $2 or when they didn't use a preferred pharmacy.

Of course I cover ways to save $$ but who pays attention?

This season Wellcare and Envision are both $14.50 but Wellcare often has lower copay's . . . so I suggest switching. Have had almost no experience with Wellcare but this year at least they are 3 star . . . for whatever that is worth.

In the past had issues with Symphonix and Magellan. Neither carriers present this year

Haven't used them few years, In the past, I have enrolled into PDP that I had previously enrolled others into and did not get paid to find out they switched to No commish, I did not get the notice on that one

I also did have a few on their NY Suffolk county MA plan then the following year they discontinued that plan and re-enrolled them into a new identical plan with $0 comish

few of many reasons I have not sold them in few years

We have a close alternative that's $3 more per month. I would just like to have a better feel of them before I roll a bunch of clients over there.

It will be very difficult not to wrote them this year if the client have has tier 1 generics, in NJ they are 11 dollars.

It is getting difficult not to write them, I have heard they have come a long way from the time I wrote them, When I wrote them at one point, they began to switch there customer service overseas, I have heard they don't do that anymore

They are not so far ahead of the others I cant find another PDP that would only cost a small amount more over the course of a year,

I won't write them during this AEP, but will look closer after, Though I hate to write them, Still seems they are going to be a player in the future, Still don't know how that happened they way they were heading just what was it 4 years ago or so

Ran a report comparing Wellcare to (current) Envision. Wellcare is clear winner.

She emailed this morning to let me know both plans get bad reviews.

No details, just bad reviews.

Emailed her back and told her to give me the name(s) of carriers that get good reviews.

Don't you just love it when they ask you to research then come back and tell you THEIR research suggests a different plan?

Our agency has never been licensed with Wellcare prior to this AEP . We picked up the contract and we have some cases we are waiting to process tomorrow from our existing book. It will be a very very popular plan this year.

Also keep in mind next year you will have to have them with the transition on Aetna PDP plans to Wellcare. I think full-time medicare guys would be foolish not to add it this year.

I know the old guard on here will be grief for this but We have a top Wellcare contract if anyone wants to pick it up just let me know.

Back