Experience with Wellcare PDP

ROFL!

Got email response from client, the one who said Wellcare and Envision get bad reviews. Wanted my opinion on Aetna Rx Select.

Well . . .

Both are rated 3 stars

Aetna $5 higher per month (prem + copay)

And Aetna will become Wellcare next year.

If she prefers Aetna vs Wellcare I suggested she take it.

ROFL!

Got email response from client, the one who said Wellcare and Envision get bad reviews. Wanted my opinion on Aetna Rx Select.

Well . . .

Both are rated 3 stars

Aetna $5 higher per month (prem + copay)

And Aetna will become Wellcare next year.

If she prefers Aetna vs Wellcare I suggested she take it.

That's reminiscent of a wise quote from that great philosopher, Yogi Berra -- "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

they began to switch there customer service overseas, I have heard they don't do that anymore

Agent I talked to said he enrolled a t65 client via Medicare.gov with Wellcare this year. He said they asked for proof of prior coverage from employer, client never received the request and that was their reason for terming....client was t65?!? Wellcare would not reinstate and wanted to do another application. Agent wanted it backdated to cover the meds.

Client called Medicare.gov to file a complaint. Eventually got it sorted out.

He said he talked to someone overseas and was transferred to another overseas department.

Agent I talked to said he enrolled a t65 client via Medicare.gov with Wellcare this year. He said they asked for proof of prior coverage from employer, client never received the request and that was their reason for terming....client was t65?!? Wellcare would not reinstate and wanted to do another application. Agent wanted it backdated to cover the meds.

Client called Medicare.gov to file a complaint. Eventually got it sorted out.

He said he talked to someone overseas and was transferred to another overseas department.

So that whole thing I am hearing about them being like a brand new company with none of the old problems is just smoke and mirrors I suppose

enrolled a t65 client via Medicare.gov with Wellcare this year. He said they asked for proof of prior coverage from employer, client never received the request and that was their reason for terming....client was t65?!?

This is not indigenous to Wellcare. Had something similar several times before with different carriers.

Seems to be more prevalent during open enrollment.

Client T65 enrolling in Medicare for a 1/1 effective date. Various issues including some that wanted to enroll after 12/7. Told they missed open enrollment and will have to wait a year to enroll.

Not saying that Wellcare does not / did not have problems. Just that many carriers have this problem especially during open enrollment.

Seems like they hire a bunch of temps, give them 8 hours training and turn them loose.

This is not indigenous to Wellcare. Had something similar several times before with different carriers.

Seems to be more prevalent during open enrollment.

Client T65 enrolling in Medicare for a 1/1 effective date. Various issues including some that wanted to enroll after 12/7. Told they missed open enrollment and will have to wait a year to enroll.

Not saying that Wellcare does not / did not have problems. Just that many carriers have this problem especially during open enrollment.

Seems like they hire a bunch of temps, give them 8 hours training and turn them loose.

LOL I am on hold with another major carrier, Trying to do Eapp and getting an error when they are doing DOB saying the wrong format even though we tried every format and verified the same info between client and I

I am on hold with this company 15 minutes someone picks up and I say the Issue and she says Ok I am new and have not been properly trained yet I am going to transfer you now to another more experienced agent that was 10 minutes ago

At least they're not overseas but man I am so far behind today I don't have time to play on hold especially for something that should not be an issue in the first place

So PHD was no help. Can someone tell me their experience using the Wellcare PURL. When I am testing mine out there seems to be no identifying information as to me as the agent. Should there be? I am assuming yes.

So PHD was no help. Can someone tell me their experience using the Wellcare PURL. When I am testing mine out there seems to be no identifying information as to me as the agent. Should there be? I am assuming yes.

They enroll from your link, it shows your name up top when they click enroll. They don’t have to enter in your ID or anything. I’ve had dozens of clients use my purl and always get paid.

They enroll from your link, it shows your name up top when they click enroll. They don’t have to enter in your ID or anything. I’ve had dozens of clients use my purl and always get paid.
I just contracted and was told PURL is not working for 2019 yet. Will take another week.

Good thing AEP doesn’t start until Nov 15.

Rick

Back