Experts, I Need Some Major Help !

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
OK, I spent the better part of the last 6 months setting up everything for my new P&C business. I finally launched on a small scale on January 4th. So far the results have been exciting and also depressing at the same time.

Since the Jan 4th I have received 37 inbound exclusive leads that my site has generated. All leads except 4 we have got on the phone or email with all correct info. Not bad for a brand new agency from day one. For some reason I am not closing these leads and I feel it is because of the markets I have to offer. For some reason my rates are not coming up that competitive. People have no real reason to switch because the prices are the same or worse. I am using Superior Access for right now and they have a decent market for PL auto.

I am getting appointed with several carriers right now but that will probably take another 4-8 weeks. Not really sure what direction to go at this point, but everyone is pretty much price shopping so I need the best price. Is there any other large wholesalers out there besides NIA. I need to have carriers like Progressive, Infinity, Erie, etc

I am getting to really scale up the marketing, but don't want to do it until I actually have competitive markets across the country to offer people. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yesterday I was even beat by State Farm.

Last edited:
Re: Experts, I Need Some Major Help!!!!

I am in California, but sell in about 30+states.
So far I have been beat by Esurance several times. I have also been beat by Infinity, Allied, Geico and many others.

Last edited:
Well, I doubt Erie is an option, they like brick and mortar

You don't really have a target ? 30 states seems like you're throwing a pretty wide net considering you're giving up some of the action to a wholesaler....

Travelers seems to be hot still with their "Quantum" are you using them?

Tough question, we target on demographics and then carrier appetite..so we're in a different world

Yes, it is a wide net, but with my marketing plan which revolves around Internet marketing we must be competitive in most states.

That's a lot of leads.Who did your SEO?
our agency has direct access to Allied,Safeco,Progressive,GMAC,Travelers.Call me we may come up with a solution.

We basically need another wholesaler besides Superior Access that is licensed in most states.
I have not really found another wholesaler who sells in multiple states with a lot of carriers which surprises me.

Our leads are still flowing in, but we don't have the competitive markets for most of it yet,

Last edited:
We basically need another wholesaler besides Superior Access that is licensed in most states.
I have not really found another wholesaler who sells in multiple states with a lot of carriers which surprises me.

Our leads are still flowing in, but we don't have the competitive markets for most of it yet,

Maybe you could start selling the leads to a few agents on this forum.

I have thought about it, but don't really want to get into the lead selling business just because they are really looked down upon in this industry plus on our website we advertise that we won't sell your info.
moeasadi, we do our own SEO now.

Last edited:
I found a great wholesaler for California that is going to really help, but now I need another wholesaler for the East coast with a lot of markets and states. Anybody have an ideas or suggestions?

Back