Extened

Didn't they give the same SEP last year? How many times can people claim ignorance and be granted exemptions?

Believe it or not, ignorant people generally stay ignorant for their entire lives.

Every single year, there will be many thousands of people who didn't realize they don't have insurance, or that they will face a penalty for not having it.

I just had a spouse call in, who terminated over 12 years ago, to inform me her husband passed in 2013 and wanted to know if his life insurance policy was still in force. I asked her if she's been paying the bill, and she said not in at least a decade.

Can't make this stuff up. Completely unaware of what's going on around them.

Believe it or not, ignorant people generally stay ignorant for their entire lives.

Every single year, there will be many thousands of people who didn't realize they don't have insurance, or that they will face a penalty for not having it.

I just had a spouse call in, who terminated over 12 years ago, to inform me her husband passed in 2013 and wanted to know if his life insurance policy was still in force. I asked her if she's been paying the bill, and she said not in at least a decade.

Can't make this stuff up. Completely unaware of what's going on around them.

I'm not questioning whether or not we have ignorant people in this country. I'm questioning why the gubment would continue to give a SEP to those who didn't know there was a penalty (tax). It's time to let people suffer for their ignorance. Sometimes that's the only way people learn.

You're talking about something different.

This is about people who couldn't get tax credits, AGAIN for 2016, because they did not file 1095A for 2014 taxes. If they now have reconciled 14', then they have an SEP to get APTC again.

The SEP for avoiding the penalty is no longer a valid SEP reason

You're talking about something different.

This is about people who couldn't get tax credits, AGAIN for 2016, because they did not file 1095A for 2014 taxes. If they now have reconciled 14', then they have an SEP to get APTC again.

The SEP for avoiding the penalty is no longer a valid SEP reason

Thanks for the clarification.

Back