Extra Help Paper App

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
I have a client who doesn't want to do an online app for extra help so I said I'd mail her a paper app when I got one. I've scoured the internet and somehow I cant find one and it doesn't seem to be on ssa.gov

Does anyone have a copy they can email me at [email protected]

Chazm, you can do it online for the client. Just have her on the phone to give you the info it asks for. That's what I have done in the past.

Or do you mean that she doesn't want any of her info out there on the interwebz where it will SURELY get stolen and she'll end up with no identity! lol

Chazm, you can do it online for the client. Just have her on the phone to give you the info it asks for. That's what I have done in the past.

Or do you mean that she doesn't want any of her info out there on the interwebz where it will SURELY get stolen and she'll end up with no identity! lol

To determine if you could be eligible for extra help with prescription drug plan costs, Social Security needs information about your (and your spouse's, if married and living together) income and resources. Documents that may help you prepare include:

Social Security card;
bank account statements, including checking, savings, and certificates of deposit;
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), stocks, bonds, savings bonds, mutual funds, other investment statements;
tax returns;
payroll slips; and
your most recent Social Security benefits award letters or statements for

you have all that info to submit on their behalf?

Yep.

Just have her on the phone to give you the info it asks for. That's what I have done in the past.

Read through my response again and notice sentence #2.

simplejack.jpg

Easy there. The reason I asked is it would take quite a few years being someone's supp agent before they give all that info out, unless of course you position retirement/annuities etc. Alot of info to give out over the phone...

Think this through, dude... how many folks that are bothering to apply for extra help actually have investment account statements?

I have a client who doesn't want to do an online app for extra help so I said I'd mail her a paper app when I got one. I've scoured the internet and somehow I cant find one and it doesn't seem to be on ssa.gov

Does anyone have a copy they can email me at [email protected]

I know I just saw one around here the other day. I cant remember where I put it. I always do it online in the house with my iphone or laptop. Only place I can think of to get a paper app is at the local SS office, but I would want to wait in line for it.

Think this through, dude... how many folks that are bothering to apply for extra help actually have investment account statements?

Agreed... most will just keep saying, "I do not have anything."

More to the point, how time-consuming is it? Seems like a lot to go thru rather than having them do it themselves.

Back