Extra Help Paper App

Agreed... most will just keep saying, "I do not have anything."

More to the point, how time-consuming is it? Seems like a lot to go thru rather than having them do it themselves.

Fisher is right, the people that are applying don't have investments. I've helped many and it takes 10 minutes online. Most when I ask them how much money they have in their bank account they say something like $11.

It is just another part of the "total service" and "being an expert" in making the most of each client's benefits. I've done dozens online and it takes 10 min. or less. No sweat.

If they can't cooperate, give them SS's phone number. I'm not printing out an app or even looking for one. They can call SS and get one if they are that backwards.

I even prevent clients from having to visit SS at all most of the time. If they need to sign up for part B as a leaving employer SEP I give them the forms and tell them to bring them back, I'll fax them. If they aren't drawing SS but need A/B started, we do that online for them as well.

Again, be an expert and give a total package. The flow of referrals will amaze you.

Ok so it seems for some reason the app isn't online to do all. She's a current client and I think she'll qualify for the Medicare savings program but if she insist on not giving me the info on the phone I let her know her only option is to go to the SS office and pick one up

All on line? We do know that 1st we do the app online for LIS, and leave the box unchecked so the app will forward to the local Social Services office for MSP eligibility, right?

----------

It is just another part of the "total service" and "being an expert" in making the most of each client's benefits. I've done dozens online and it takes 10 min. or less. No sweat.

If they can't cooperate, give them SS's phone number. I'm not printing out an app or even looking for one. They can call SS and get one if they are that backwards.

I even prevent clients from having to visit SS at all most of the time. If they need to sign up for part B as a leaving employer SEP I give them the forms and tell them to bring them back, I'll fax them. If they aren't drawing SS but need A/B started, we do that online for them as well.

Again, be an expert and give a total package. The flow of referrals will amaze you.

G Gordon,
How do you reinforce their responsibility to pay B and open the mail? Sounds like a dumb question, but I don't want to put myself in the position of seeming to have any connection with Medicare billing. I had one recently who apparently ignored all the bills from Social Security and the PDP ("I thought you put us on autodraft on all coverage"...), creating a cliff hanger last week. Looks like all is well, but could have been pretty bad. Orange is such an unflattering color on me...
On the other end of client spectrum, new client, retired professional this morning, I was getting pretty intense about not ignoring the mail. Emailed this page to client: https://www.medicare.gov/your-medicare-costs/paying-parts-a-and-b/pay-parts-a-and-b-premiums.html
More and more T65's not drawing Social Security, and dang, the system is clunky for autodraft.

All on line? We do know that 1st we do the app online for LIS, and leave the box unchecked so the app will forward to the local Social Services office for MSP eligibility, right? ---------

I'm assuming this part is for me. I'm looking for the paper app

Why not just call Humana, Coventry or Careplus and setup up a telephone interview with social services.
The social service dept will walk the client thru the app process for you.
Easier and cleaner. And it's free. Usually takes about 3 weeks.:twitchy:

Do you fax the form to the local SS office or central office? Can you provide the fax number please.Does it get processed just as fast as when consumer goes in person to local SS office because whenever someone tells me they mailed the form in to SS there seems to be delays

I

----------

Agreed... most will just keep saying, "I do not have anything."

More to the point, how time-consuming is it? Seems like a lot to go thru rather than having them do it themselves.

Takes only a few minutes,it makes you a hero to client,they are willing to give you the personal information including SS# you are are going to have to collect anyway to write a health plan application and for extra credit there is a question on application that prompts discussion about burial expenses which of course could lead to discussions of final insurance.

I believe it's the most productive 10 minutes you can spend with an new client.

We fax to their local SS office. We've established a list of the faxes over the years.

When they get their first bill they can set it up on auto draft. I've not noticed the ability to do so online when applying. May be missing something.

Someone from the forum was nice enough to email it to me so I finally have one. Thanks! It's attached if anyone needs a copy

Attachments

• extra help.pdf
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 6
Back