Extra Money .... Affiliate Programs or Pay Per Quote

sharewic1

Expert
I work for a nonstandard company . We only sell auto but I have a lot clients that want Renters insurance.
The area we target is low income and fixed income ((SSI /disability ).
I know most of our clients would at least complete a quote and maybe 60-75% might purchase.
I am looking for a way to make some extra money on the side from at least getting them to quote.

I looked at affiliate programs but I think I need something more simple. In theory I would like to be able to either give my card with a link to a quote/website or either send them a text link via phone and get paid per quote and if they purchase.

Is this possible. I've researched online and I feel like it is but I must be missing something. I also emailed allstate and Liberty mutual regarding their affiliate programs but I haven't heard anything.

----------

so...am i crazy. i read something about referral fees. If i did contact a local agent and sent the referrals to that agent. how would i track/confirm who actually quoted and/or purchased ?

I work for a nonstandard company . We only sell auto but I have a lot clients that want Renters insurance.
I know most of our clients would at least complete a quote and maybe 60-75% might purchase.
I am looking for a way to make some extra money on the side from at least getting them to quote.

I looked at affiliate programs but I think I need something more simple. In theory I would like to be able to either give my card with a link to a quote/website or either send them a text link via phone and get paid per quote and if they purchase.

Is this possible. I've researched online and I feel like it is but I must be missing something. I also emailed allstate and Liberty mutual regarding their affiliate programs but I haven't heard anything.

----------

so...am i crazy. i read something about referral fees. If i did contact a local agent and sent the referrals to that agent. how would i track/confirm who actually quoted and/or purchased ?
See if you can find a debit agent that sells Industrial Fire policies and work out a referral deal with him.

----------

Check wit a local State Farm agent. We are required to hit application numbers as part of our compensation. If you are in Arizona then pm and I will work something out with you.

Check wit a local State Farm agent. We are required to hit application numbers as part of our compensation. If you are in Arizona then pm and I will work something out with you.

No I'm in Alabama and I don't how to find a debit agent.
I know a State Farm agent and I'm not sure if she will pay a referral for a renters quote if she know she most likely will not get the cars.

----------

I spoke with State Farm contact and she just wants to do an even exchange but I need to get paid something. I think my only option is affiliate marketing so I can at least get paid for the quote. I need get website up. Nothing fancy just something will work for the affiliates. If that makes sense, any ideas/suggestions/contacts ??

My company offer free gift card for getting appointed and submitting your first quote. The company sells Flood Insurance. Reply for details.

How much do you expect to make selling renters quotes to a single agent? Even if they bind renters is like $100 premium annually or about $12-$15 comission.

How much do you expect to make selling renters quotes to a single agent? Even if they bind renters is like $100 premium annually or about $12-$15 comission.

What he said!

The only reason agents do renters policies is so they can quote the cars. Outside of that, they tend to cost an agent money to write when you figure the time involved.

In essence, there is absolutely no money in standalone renters policies. Home polices, yes, renters policies, no.

That said, renters policies are a great tool for an agent, but they are going to be marketing cars and life to the client as well. Renters policies are great cross sell opportunities.

Dan

Yeah i know you guys are right. I think my main issue is watching the sell walk away.
With that said, can anyone offer a website/company that can get me set up so I can try affiliate marketing with the quotes. I know Allstate and Liberty mutual have affiliate referral programs. I contacted them week ago but haven't heard anything. I guess I need to get a website first.

Back