100+ Post Club
I have been contacted by a company to work
their annuity leads in my area.
They will be face to face appointments, minimum of $50,000
to invest.
They do the marketing, and screening.

But, they own the client, and will pay me 45%
of street to do the selling.
Of course I have to use their companies.
They don't supply an office, so I'm not
part of anyone's agency.

I have never worked a program like this
and just wanted feed back on what you
professionals think of the arrangement.

I haven't given them an answer yet, but
will need to decide by next week.
I just have that feeling that it might not work
the way I am being lead to believe.

Any investment on your time other than time? Do you already have any of those companies, would you have to move appointments? If you did, would you be able to get them released?

Only downside I see is wasting time and having appointments locked up if it doesn't work. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Who knows.

Any investment on your time other than time? Do you already have any of those companies, would you have to move appointments? If you did, would you be able to get them released?

Only downside I see is wasting time and having appointments locked up if it doesn't work. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Who knows.

I guess the question I should ask is,
how much would it cost me to do this for myself.
Having appointments sets with interested prospects.
Making 45% commission sounds low.
But with out being able to compare marketing cost if done
by me, maybe 45% without the headaches would be a fair deal.

Thanks for the input.
Who will be the next coach for the Vols?
Shooter
RTR

I guess the question I should ask is,
how much would it cost me to do this for myself.
Having appointments sets with interested prospects.
Making 45% commission sounds low.
But with out being able to compare marketing cost if done
by me, maybe 45% without the headaches would be a fair deal.

Thanks for the input.
Who will be the next coach for the Vols?
Shooter
RTR

If you know the answer to who the next coach will be, you won't need to sell annuities anymore.

It is hard to say if that is fair or not, no idea how much it typically spent to market annuities. My gut says it is slightly low, but there is a cost to absorbing the headache above and beyond merely providing the marketing. Also there is the risk they will generate marketing for an agent who then does nothing with it. So probably fair all things considered, but then I have no idea what it costs to market annuities in that manner.

Kind of hard to determine opportunity cost when we don't know how they get these face to face appointments. Even then it's hard to determine since we don't know how well you'll sell, or how well the "screening" process is. Certainly could be worth a try, if you don't mind getting some contracts tied up.

Kind of hard to determine opportunity cost when we don't know how they get these face to face appointments. Even then it's hard to determine since we don't know how well you'll sell, or how well the "screening" process is. Certainly could be worth a try, if you don't mind getting some contracts tied up.

How they are generated isn't terribly important as long as it is compliant and generates an interested prospect. But the last two are spot on. Just how qualified and interested are the prospects and what is the agent's skill level?

Back