Face To Face Meetings

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
For some reason I had a shift from phone sales to F2F meetings.

Usually I would see this from older people 55+ but there is now a trend from 30's something. I am screening these people over the phone so I am not wasting time.

The type of prospects are telling me the same thing. They go to the web and request a quote and then they are being called by 20 out of state agents. The funny thing is they are also finding me online.

I would honestly be ok with F2F becoming the norm again. These type of client are perfect for cross selling a life policy or LTC.

Anyone else seeing this?

There's no doubt that my face to face closing ratio blew away my online ratio.

With face to face I'd be able to set up 6 to 8 qualified appointments per week and close almost all of them. In fact, had I come into this business trying to do online sales I likely would have failed. I really needed the face to face before I moved online.

Trouble was - for individual health anyway - that it was just far too many evening appointments and I got burnt out driving all over the state.

i still think the only way to make it in this biz is online. even if closing % jumps with f2f the time involved kills you... example based on my own experience:

get lead and call it... i will do the exact same approch regardless of if I was going to see them. I still have to close the phone lead.

now appt set to go see.... Ok, 1 hour cleaning up and putting clothes on( i dont do that with phone sales) (well, i do have clothes on but i just dont clean up till the evenings)

getting suppleies ready for the appt and print off proposals, 30 minn.

driving to client with 5$ a gallon gas 2 hours round trip. i drive a tahoe or mercedes... both suck gas.

1 hour to 2 hours meeting just to get app.

back at the ranch processing the application that if done online is done with no additional legwork 30 minn

thats about 4-5 hours... WTH? when i was in the field i could do no more than 3 a day. I used to book appts mon, tues and run them on wed and thurs and used friday for paperwork..

now i just deal with people online and write apps everyday... even EASTER like i did yesterday from the wallmart parking lot on my cell phone

$4 gallon gas does change the game. There were weeks when I filled up three times - and at $60/tank that's $180 a week I don't need in expenses.

Now...if it's strictly local driving that's fine but I could never find the volume of local leads necessary.

I find that most F2F appointments for health insurance are a total waste of time and money. Like Peeler said, my time is better spent online and over the phone.

Interesting posts.

I am fortunate that my F2F happen at my office so gas is not an issue. If I was able to have 4 meeting a weeks that are pre screened I don't think it would be a waste of time. I would write all all of them. 16 policies a month then cross sell life with them it might turn out to be ok.

I realize to write large volume of Individual policies this would have to be A strategy not THE strategy.

Back