Facebook? Staff Pages

AdvisorsIns

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have An agent that works for me as a 1099. He created a separate Facebook page with the company logo to promote himself. I didn't necessarily say no to this but was not sure what to think. He is commission only. Anyone have any experience with this? How did you handle this? I want him to do well which helps me too but want to make sure it I'm not hurting myself in the long run. Thoughts? Opinions?

what ever it takes....I have over 400 fb pages......

I have An agent that works for me as a 1099. He created a separate Facebook page with the company logo to promote himself. I didn't necessarily say no to this but was not sure what to think. He is commission only. Anyone have any experience with this? How did you handle this? I want him to do well which helps me too but want to make sure it I'm not hurting myself in the long run. Thoughts? Opinions?

I guess I am hung over the hard work creating an image, system, company, etc... And just give it all to someone to use without having my hands in it. I'm becoming a micro manager. Just the thing that drove me to be independent.

Other worry is allowing someone to create such a large image that overwhelms my own. What if they left and took the clients with them.

You can tell him that he is allowed to use your image until he does something that hurts your reputation.

Having someone use it and help you promote and show excellence is a good thing, but you never know if they might tarnish your name.

Just talk to him about it. He can use a different logo? Like instead of ABC Agency Inc.

Independent Agent under ABC Agency Inc. something to show he is a part of you but also responsible for his own actions?

Even if he is not independent and a salary basis regardless of logo or not he still represents you and no matter what will affect your image.

I guess I am hung over the hard work creating an image, system, company, etc... And just give it all to someone to use without having my hands in it. I'm becoming a micro manager. Just the thing that drove me to be independent.

Other worry is allowing someone to create such a large image that overwhelms my own. What if they left and took the clients with them.

1. It sounds like the agent is motivated and in the course of generating the image to sell, he is also promoting you. What is the problem?

2. Anyone who is worried about an employee (10-99 or W2 really does not matter) doing a better job than they can probably does not need to be in business in the first place. Hire the best people for the job and get out of their way.

3. As far as possibly stealing clients goes, you may wish to amend your contract with the 10-99 staff to include a clause that allows for the recovery of specified damages if they use proprietary information ("trade secrets") such as client lists to steal clients.

Really would not worry about his facebook page...the only ones that are going to see it is his friends or by a small chance someone actually searches your company name...all the Facebook pages I built were built for search terms ....like "Texas Health Insurance Marketplace" and "Fireman Life Insurance" ....just to name a few.......

Solid advice from everyone. Thank you. I want him to do well and he is a great agent with great ethics. I just had not thought through it and wanted some outside opinions.

Is it possible to put in place some sort of non-compete if you are worried about him taking clients ?

Letting him run his business from within your business freely, is more likely to keep him happy and motivated to grow which is good for both of you

Or you can tell him how to run his business(hes a contractor)
and he will be on these forums asking how to go indy to stop making money for you

Back