Facebook Success Stories??

atung9801

Expert
Hello everyone!
I'm a marketing intern for a insurance agent distribution company and I am starting a Facebook brand page and opportunity page for it.

Just wanted to know any success stories where investing time into Facebook, has paid off!

Thanks!

I manage the FB page for an insurance rating bureau. For us it has been somewhat useful in terms of getting out info about what the company is up to (e.g. holding a seminar, going to a convention, etc), driving some traffic to our blog, and occasionally someone will ask us questions on our page, things like that.

But honestly, we are considering abandoning our FB page. It seems with every change they make to their algorithms fewer and fewer people are seeing our posts, and brand pages who don't pay for ads (we don't) are getting drown out by those who do. We're reconsidering whether or not it is worth the time investment.

But that's us. Maybe others are having more success with it and if you can find a way to make it work for you go for it.

Investing in FB?

Well, I got in around 200 IPO shares, and... wait.

No, I have nothing to add here. I can't see the value in spending time/$ trying to sell on FB. Maybe reaching out in rare circumstances like Empty was able to do. Paying? Never. Free online presence? Sure; set it and forget it.

Yes, I did. And like I said..... FB has some serious trouble with their math!

They were charging me 10-12 clicks a day while both my website analytics was only saying there was 1 or 2 clicks coming from the ads. This happened consistently, not just once.

If you're going to invest in PPC, the search engines are better options than facebook.

Hi
I set up a Facebook page and although I have a couple of thousand likes, I rarely get any business from it and I agree Facebook ads are a waste of time.
Ian Johnston

fb is a mystical space that defies all logic. I know an agent in Cali that posts with great success and gets awesome feedback. I have literally copied directly from his page and... nothing.

If you do decide to go ahead with the FB page, I would try to do so in conjunction with Linkedin and possibly other social media networks. The incremental work you'll have to put in is negligible if you're using a social media management program like Hootsuite, and it will increase your reach and ensure that you have a unified brand message.

Back