Factor5 Leiden (blood Disorder) for Ohio

I coulda sworn Anthem and MM had the same underwriting (used to be the same company). I checked around, Humana declines but Aetna doesn't say anything, so I will do a presubmission to see how they rate it.
thanks for responding!

I have a client with that disease. No one would touch her. We were grateful when she became Medicare eligible.
It sounds like, as you get older, you will become dependent on anti-clotting medications, that's why they are declined. You might be in great shape now, but in 10 years you could be taking 12 pills of Coumadin a day.

I have a client with this that made it pretty tough to get disability insurance even though the doctor said it's not a problem and there was no recommended treatment. It's probably a decline for most health insurance companies.

I see it somewhat often in life insurance, where if it's stable and well controlled it can be standard rates. I think because it can be pretty unpredictable, it goes through cycles of dormancy then flare ups, it's a morbidity issue that gets very expensive in monitoring and treatment when it does flare up. My books all say decline or amend the policy to exclude any treatment relating to the condition.

Back