Family Heritage Life, What Do You Know About This Company?

mjnoles1

Expert
Here is there website: FHL Website Home

They contacted me (and probably anyone else with a pulse lol) after seeing my resume on one of the job search sites and they want to have a sit down interview.

I did my interview with them. They are a supplemental insurance company with mostly selling cancer insurance.

I have gone to a lot of companies to interview and for some strange reason, this company I feel the most comfortable with. This is the first company that I interviewed with that talked about their clients first hand in how this product would help thier clients. The other companies was more talking about all the money you can make and never onced really mentioned thier clients. So, that was a nice change of pace.

I am concerned that they are only a B++ company according to the AM Best rating scale.

It was a strange interview "presentation" though, as there was the owner of the company in front talking about his company and 4 people including myself listening to him and asking questions as we went. I never been in a group interview process before. Strange I believe.

Can someone actually make a nice living selling only Cancer supplemental policies?

Anybody have any thoughts on this Family Heritage Life company? I have a second round interview on Tuesday.

Can someone actually make a nice living selling only Cancer supplemental policies?

Not what most people consider a nice living.
Being a captive cancer insurance salesman is being the one trick pony of all the one trick ponies... not the position you want to be in if you can help it.

I have been with the company for 2.5 years and make a very good living. FH has multiple policies (cancer, icu, accident, heart, life) but the cancer/icu product is the biggie. With so many people affected with cancer- it's pretty easy to find people interested in our products. I sell 6-8 policies a week and make about $1500-2000 a week not including bonuses/stock options/trips/etc.

However, FH is not for everyone. This is not one of those work from home part-time and make 10K a month job. I cold call residentially and B2B a lot as well as run a lot of referrals. It takes work to make money so if you're lazy- this isn't something for you.

I liked FH initially because the income potential is great- plus after 5yrs, I am 100% vested in LIFETIME residual. I like the ability I have to be my own boss and set my schedule around my life.

I came from a science background and was nervous about sales. However, the training is great- and still is.

If you have specific questions about working with FH- contact me directly and I'll help you out.

A

Here is there website: FHL Website Home

They contacted me (and probably anyone else with a pulse lol) after seeing my resume on one of the job search sites and they want to have a sit down interview.

Yes, I'll contact anyone with a pulse and a good resume. The difference is that I don't offer everyone a job opportunity if I don't see them having potential. No way am I hiring some bum just to get a sale or two from him and have him ruin the reputation of our company in my area. Think long term folks.

How can you honestly say that the co. seems to care more for the client selling this overpriced junk insurance, if you want to help your client show them a good ci policy quit thinking about your pocketbook only! Quit preying on the uneducated masses, with your cancer policies. t hall

How can you honestly say that the co. seems to care more for the client selling this overpriced junk insurance, if you want to help your client show them a good ci policy quit thinking about your pocketbook only! Quit preying on the uneducated masses, with your cancer policies. t hall

wow that was pretty harsh........ i've just got done with an interview with FH and i've sold cancer policies with Assurity, UA and AA and FH beats the crap out of the prices and payouts to be honest with you. if you can show me one (using TX rates at least) that is cheaper and better i would LOVE to see it :biggrin:

Back