Family Heritage Life

RTD19701

Expert
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody on this board has heard of Family Heritage Life out of Cleveland, Ohio. I recieved an e-mail for a job fair from this outfit and I am not familiar with them at all. Their product line is in the supplemental benefits arena and they have cancer policies, ad&d policies, etc, etc,etc.
I looked them up on Standard and Poors and found that they were not rated by S&P. If anybody could fill me in on this company I would greatly appreciate it.:twitchy:

Thanks,

Tim

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody on this board has heard of Family Heritage Life out of Cleveland, Ohio. I recieved an e-mail for a job fair from this outfit and I am not familiar with them at all. Their product line is in the supplemental benefits arena and they have cancer policies, ad&d policies, etc, etc,etc.
I looked them up on Standard and Poors and found that they were not rated by S&P. If anybody could fill me in on this company I would greatly appreciate it.:twitchy:

Thanks,

Tim

Unless I have them confused with someone else, they are part of AON corporation (Combined Ins. Co.) and are a company that primarily goes door to door selling accident, cancer, etc.

I believe you have them confused because at their website they claim to be a privately held company with their own CEO and management.

I interviewed with them. The thing I did not like was the "return of premium" cancer plan that had a jacked up rate, way higher than most cancer plans. I guess you pay way more just to hope to get your premium back if you do not get cancer in like 20 years. I should think that investing in a mutual fund may be a much better return, provided you do not get cancer.

I am not a huge fan of cancer plans anyway, and I could tell that they were proud of theirs, so I probably blew a shot at a second interview. Plus, the manager kept telling me they want top sellers, and somebody to commit fully right now, or I may not be right for them, and not to mess around, blah blah, seemed like he was pressuring me.

When I interviewed with them about 3 years ago, the manager told me that he had previously been with Combined and that Family Heritage was spun off of Combined at some point. While it may not be part of AON, I heard from the horse's mouth that it was either started by Combined or by people who left Combined.

Also, they are only rated B++ whereas all of the other players I can think of in that market are A or higher.

Wow, the Combined thing makes sense now, no wonder red flags were going off when I interviewed with them. For the record, I have no problem knocking doors, but I have a big problem with managers using the hard sell to make someone feel guilty till they sign up, that is worthless. How about making somebody aware of a good company, then making them feel like a king for signing up, then following through with some already great products and add to that some great training? There's a concept.

I worked for another division of their parent company when I was in college.
(Southwestern) .....Which does door to door sales of educational books.

From what I know about them....they specialize in cancer insurance....
Some good guys in their TX group.....I just never could get into cancer insurance.

Back