Farm Bureau Insurance

J.R.

Guru
1000 Post Club
Texas
Does anybody what health insurance companies Farm Bureau agents represent?

I have a prospective client who is pissed off at his local FB agent. Apparently he has an Anthem BCBS plan he does not like and is not getting the service he requires. Thanks....

In CA Nationwide sells the Farm Bureau plan. I just signed on with NW last week. Have not made any sales yet. Rick and Mark know more about them than I do so perhaps they will see this and come on and give you a better answer.

Al

Here in NC, at least in the outlying rural areas around Raleigh, FB is very respected. As far as I know, they only use BCBSNC for health (and medsupp), Hancock for LTC.

In Tennessee, BC administers the plan. The rates are ridiculously low, especially if comparing maternity coverage. Lifetime limit is 2mill and lots of rate increase.

In TN they are called Tennessee Rural Health and somehow they are not regulated by the department of insurance. They can raise your rates and drop you completely off the coverage based on usage.

They may not be regulated by the DOI but they sure as heck have to follow the federal HIPAA rules which clearly state:

CAN INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INSURANCE BE CANCELED?
All individual health insurance is guaranteed renewable. “Guaranteed renewable
means, insurers cannot cancel your coverage if you get sick or experience high claims.
However, your insurer can cancel your individual health insurance plan if you fail to pay
the premiums, defraud the company, or, in the case of a managed care plan (HMO),
move out of its service area.
Please note, an insurance company may terminate an entire health insurance plan
and/or may completely cease operating in the health insurance market, provided proper
advance notice is given to its policyholders.

Well that's why - it's not considered to be insurance. All products considered to be insurance must abide by the HIPAA rules. Again, this is not insurance.

You're right John. After doing a little more research www.TRH.com never mentions the word insurance.

They administer their plans through BlueCross BlueSHield but they are a self funded association plan. Good News for bashing them.

Back