Farm/Ranch Carriers in Indiana

Hoosier

Hi guys! I'm a former American Family agent who has recently gone independent in Indiana. I have been lurking these forums since I started my career in insurance about 4 years ago. I am currently appointed with Erie and Progressive. I was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction on a carrier that has good rates and an A or better financial rating. Google isn't helping me much on this one.

Thanks!

Hi guys! I'm a former American Family agent who has recently gone independent in Indiana. I have been lurking these forums since I started my career in insurance about 4 years ago. I am currently appointed with Erie and Progressive. I was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction on a carrier that has good rates and an A or better financial rating. Google isn't helping me much on this one.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! Where are you located in Indiana?

Our agency is in Tennessee and we do a ton of farm so we have several market. We also have Erie which will write small farms but are pretty limited on appetite. For our true farms we have Nationwide Ag, Liberty Mutual, State Auto and Celina. State Auto's pricing got out of hand for a while but they seem to be coming back strong on Farm. Celina is very good also and has what I would say is the best pricing. Liberty Mutual is the most lenient of the rest and can pretty much insure anything besides poultry. Nationwide has the most comprehensive policy of all of them but their pricing is so so. They are great on farms $50k and above in premium.

Hope this helps!

Back