Farmers Agents is it time to Go Independent?

shawnmwalker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Colorado
So Much excitement out there this year as the Framers agents get some dramatic contract changes this year. (This quarter)

Some are calling it the Great Exodus.

Some will make a change this year. Others will in the years to come as the bonus they are banking on, to make up for the commission cuts, either comes to fruition or fails to fruitit. (Made that one up)

As you consider your the next chapter of your insurance career please consider the life and liberation of an Independent agent. I offer myself as an unbiased resource to help you make the best choice for you and your family. Your next choice is a HUGE choice and too many make rushed, uninformed decisions.

There are options out there for you. Consider them all. I will not point you toward my group. I will help you consider your options (All groups, Good groups close to you, Book/agency purchase options, direct appointments, other captive opps, Commercial lines producer opps at the big houses, PL producer opps at a local agency, franchises opps, Agencies that offer to fill your leads pipeline, agencies that offer to service your book, The deliverables a group ought to provide you if you go that route, common pit falls former captives fall into as they go indy, good vs bad comp plans, etc, etc.)

Please, as this Exodus takes place. Use me as a resource, if you choose to. I simple want to offer myself to anyone with questions. 15 years of working with 1000's of Independent agents might be a guy to chat with for 10 mins. (If I have it)

(By the way there are others on here that will jump on and will be willing to help as well. Great resources like Phil Tuchie (Spelled wrong) Use these folks to frame your next decision.)

I will not sell you anything. I'll just ask questions and point you a few different directions. If you ask me about my group, I'll point you to our National Director of Business Development and you can vet us just like you would anyone else.

Ah yes, poor Farmers Agents are getting squeezed out to make way for the new way, the call center type format. Only the large agencies will survive. Independence IS the best way. BUT beware.....DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO SMART CHOICE.

PGI OR MIAA IS THE BETTER WAY.

Bonuses are only being given if you sell every client every quarter:
1. Home policy
2. Auto policy
3. Life policy
4. Umbrella policy

Miss even one of those with 1 client and you don't get your bonus.

Commissions cut by 20%

Paying for marketing up 20%

Thank God I am not a Farmers agent. Think about all your clients that don't qualify for life insurance. Try selling an umbrella to a 20 year old. That is crazy!

Bonuses are only being given if you sell every client every quarter:
1. Home policy
2. Auto policy
3. Life policy
4. Umbrella policy

Miss even one of those with 1 client and you don't get your bonus.

Commissions cut by 20%

Paying for marketing up 20%

And people thought Wells Fargo was bad??? This gives you every reason NOT to bother selling anything at all!

But I work with 20 top life insurance companies that provide insurance for those who are "rated" for a non rated amounts and low price.

I kill Farmers in Life Insurance. For every person in every circumstance.
I kill Farmers in P&C Rates and coverages
I kill Farmers in Business and worker's comp. I have a huge appetite with all my companies.
I'm more competitive than Farmers with everything. I've sold more in 1 year as an independent than I did in 5 years with farmers.

Hmmm... this makes sense. I've had a few Farmers agents call my office asking about moving to Indy. Also, I just received notice from one of our reps yesterday that AmFam is going to be offered through Independents within the next couple of years. Poor captives can't catch a break!

Back