Farmers Background Check?

Cmr123

I might be offered the claims trainee position soon, but I am conferenced about the background check. How in depth do they go ? They require everyone to have degree and I may have a fibbed a little about me during the interview. Since this is an entry level position, do they just take my word ?

I might be offered the claims trainee position soon, but I am conferenced about the background check. How in depth do they go ? They require everyone to have degree and I may have a fibbed a little about me during the interview. Since this is an entry level position, do they just take my word ?

did you embellish, or tell a fib? Big difference.

I'm guessing time will tell what they uncover.

Always best to tell the truth

did you embellish, or tell a fib? Big difference.

I'm guessing time will tell what they uncover.

Always best to tell the truth

I have 3 years worth of education and wasn't able to finish. But I said I had. Do you know if this is part of the background check ?

I have 3 years worth of education and wasn't able to finish. But I said I had. Do you know if this is part of the background check ?

How sad on multiple levels.

Claims trainee hardly needs a college degree.

Lying on your resume or during the interview will always come back to bite you in the end. Even if it isn't discovered now, it may be later on. It can be used as an excuse to terminate you at any time going forward.

I highly recommend you look for a position elsewhere and this time don't lie on the resume or during the interview.

Volagent's advice is correct. They can fire you at will anytime for something like this.

If you really want to work there, send an email explaining your answer. As a manager, I would not have a problem receiving an email after an interview admitting a mistake like this. But thats me personally. I am sure most HR managers will look at this differently and may or may not hire you. In most agencies, the manager has more power than HR but you never know. If they hire you and try to send to some training that requires a bachelors degree later on, it will be more inconvenient for you when you are fired. It is better to get it on the open now.

They use a third party service who verifies your credit record, criminal history, as well as verify if a degree was conferred.

If they require it, then they'll background check it.

If you can swing it, I'd do everything I could to finish that degree. It'll be a relief once you do.

Back