Farmers Homeowner's Insurance - PA

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anybody know of holes in their policies? I know Allstate has plenty, State Farm has their hurricane deductibles & high deductible in general. Anything on Farmers?

Does anybody know of holes in their policies? I know Allstate has plenty, State Farm has their hurricane deductibles & high deductible in general. Anything on Farmers?

Are you talking about our NextGen contract? Good luck, it's an All risk for contents and dwelling.

F150 - Thanks for your helpful post, you're really a great contributor aren't you?

Todd - You're drunk on Farmer's Koolaid so you won't point out any pitfalls anyway. All captives have horrific homeowner's clauses so I'm sure Farmers has one. I'll just buy homeowner's from a local agent & cancel it the next day & read the contract.

Ins1822

MAN! I got to fly out and meet you. I know you don't respect anyone and shoot dogs but something in me says we could have been friends if I wasn't from San Francisco and had gone Independent like you instead of going the carrier route/ management route.

I'm not joking either. I know it sounds sarcastic. but I am not being sarcastic.

Last edited:
Well state farm agents try to point out we don't cover leakage and seepage unless a slab leak causes dmg inside the home. Also very broad maintenance conditions because of leaks. But really who doesn't have this and it would probably barely if ever pass the deductible.

Well state farm agents try to point out we don't cover leakage and seepage unless a slab leak causes dmg inside the home. Also very broad maintenance conditions because of leaks. But really who doesn't have this and it would probably barely if ever pass the deductible.

I'm pretty sure leakage/seeping is a standard exclusion along w/ groundwater. Not exactly sure about maintenance conditions, however I'd imagine if there was anything major like ACV roof...you'd know it.

I'm pretty sure leakage/seeping is a standard exclusion along w/ groundwater. Not exactly sure about maintenance conditions, however I'd imagine if there was anything major like ACV roof...you'd know it.

Acv roof only applies if the roof Is over 15yrs old. However, replacement cost can be added at an additional expense. Plus since roof age is a manual input I doubt there are many agents saying a roof is 15 yrs old vs 10, if you catch my drift. Like I said, it is an All Risk. Farmers came out with it to beat State Farm. However our pricing may be better than State Farm but allsnake and Liberty mutual whoop our butt with their named perils policy pricing
Our base policy doesn't cover sewer backup or wind drivin rain. Again an endorsement though can be added.
If we don't cover the auto policy then we have a 1.5% wind/hail deductible.

Acv roof only applies if the roof Is over 15yrs old. However, replacement cost can be added at an additional expense. Plus since roof age is a manual input I doubt there are many agents saying a roof is 15 yrs old vs 10, if you catch my drift. Like I said, it is an All Risk. Farmers came out with it to beat State Farm. However our pricing may be better than State Farm but allsnake and Liberty mutual whoop our butt with their named perils policy pricing
Our base policy doesn't cover sewer backup or wind drivin rain. Again an endorsement though can be added.
If we don't cover the auto policy then we have a 1.5% wind/hail deductible.

drinking the kool aid man, by the gallons,
Farmers policy is one of the worst captive policies out there, ask about the OLD HO policy, protector plus, when the next gen came out, every farmers agent puked at all the things they removed from the PP policy to the NG policy.

You know 1 policy, you are convinced its the best one, FAR FAR from it

Back