Farmers Insurance & Credit Checks

whitneyk

Just interviewed and was selected to become and agent but did not pass the credit check. I am a little discouraged.

Does all insurance agencies run a credit check?

If, so it doesn't make sense to continue as my credit check won't pass.

They're pretty much all going to do a background and credit check. They may not all turn you down depending on what the issue is. Be up front and save yourself some time.

Just interviewed and was selected to become and agent but did not pass the credit check. I am a little discouraged. Does all insurance agencies run a credit check? If, so it doesn't make sense to continue as my credit check won't pass.

i know State Farm has it as well, plus passing 2 kinds of test.

allstate as well, not sure on score though.

what is ur score and what is the issue?

If your credit blows and you want to do P&C, I would suggest applying as a team member until you can repair your credit. They all want you to have lots of capital on hand or at least easy access to lots of capital. You are going to blow through some serious money opening and keeping a captive office open the first year. They just did you a favor by turning you down.

Go apply with agents in town about working in their office.

Farmers expects you to get your Series 6 and 63. Part of the reason their background/credit check is so extensive is because you need to be FINRA cleared. Even if you attempt and don't pass your 6 &63, you still need to be cleared for it.

Hmmm....i think she was just inquiring about becoming an agent...NOT owning an agency.

I don't know what the credit requirements are for being an agent.

Hmmm....i think she was just inquiring about becoming an agent...NOT owning an agency.

I don't know what the credit requirements are for being an agent.

When you join Farmers as an agent, don't you "own your agency"? At least until they take it back from you.

If your credit blows and you want to do P&C, I would suggest applying as a team member until you can repair your credit. They all want you to have lots of capital on hand or at least easy access to lots of capital. You are going to blow through some serious money opening and keeping a captive office open the first year. They just did you a favor by turning you down.

Go apply with agents in town about working in their office.
Vol. Are you a Farmers Agent ?....Don NJ ?

Back