Farmers Insurance?

Ubizman05

Hello,

I was looking for information about farmers. Anyone had a good experience with them? I've read reviews from 2010 and I haven't seen any thing since. I currently have a life license and they contacted me with an opportunity to join their company.

Hello,

I was looking for information about farmers. Anyone had a good experience with them? I've read reviews from 2010 and I haven't seen any thing since. I currently have a life license and they contacted me with an opportunity to join their company.

They will contact everyone with a license. It's a numbers game for them. You're at the top of the funnel right now.

Hello,

I'm a former Farmers Agent out of California. I say former because I want to warn you that Farmers has changed how we can quote. I quit a week ago and now going independent like 30 of my fellow agents are. Farmers prices are not competative. 40% higher than most carriers. If the customer has a ding on their record, they will charge alot more money.
They say they are for the agent, but if you are not doing above average, they will not help you, take your calls or encourage you. They will threaten you and try to intimidate you by throwing guilt trips.

If you have 2 years experience as an insurance agent, go independent. You will make more money. One of the reasons I quit along with 30 others is Farmers cut our commissions with P&C. So drastically that all of us refused to sell it anymore. The commissions would not pay you back for all the leads you bought. They force you to do cold calls and mailers only and will charge you alot for the mailers.

We felt that Farmers once was a great company, but the CEO is more concerned now about money over client satisfaction.

What is the deal with Farmers? It seems like they are opening up everywhere. In my town, I have one SF, one AF and at least 6 Farmers. I had looked at a few spaces near them in some strip malls and the spaces were $2400 and up. 4 times what I pay now. Why are they popping up all over?

A farmers agent pays me $700 a week to generate leads for him. Check has always cashed!

Like any business. Some will do well some won't.

Farmers is horrific. If you're unemployed then I guess it's a slight upgrade. I wouldn't be leaving any job that pays your bills for Farmers.

Dear 2 yr Farmers agent, some of the claims that you have have are a little over the top. So yes, Farmers did cut commissions. In our state it was a 2% cut. So now our homes are a 14% commission. Yes, they are weeding out the lower agents. And the reason for that is that people like yourself are giving farmers a bad name. Do we have problems? Yes, we do. So does all the others. And this will probably piss you off , but a lot not all IA are looking out for there own back pockets. Sign them up on a 12 month policy, at renew lets shop them around so you can get commission as a new policy. Because you already know renews pay less.

So let me ask , how are you better for the client? Just because you could not make it, don't bring down others.

Dear 2 yr Farmers agent, some of the claims that you have have are a little over the top. So yes, Farmers did cut commissions. In our state it was a 2% cut. So now our homes are a 14% commission. Yes, they are weeding out the lower agents. And the reason for that is that people like yourself are giving farmers a bad name. Do we have problems? Yes, we do. So does all the others. And this will probably piss you off , but a lot not all IA are looking out for there own back pockets. Sign them up on a 12 month policy, at renew lets shop them around so you can get commission as a new policy. Because you already know renews pay less.

So let me ask , how are you better for the client? Just because you could not make it, don't bring down others.

And what state would you be in? Would it be Tennessee?

Back