Farmer's Recruiting Email

What is the deal with Farmers's Insurance? I am a life agent so don't lnow much about the "other side" of the biz. I receive at least 2 emails like this a week from different agents/agencies, in addition to postcards, letters, etc. Any truth to what they're saying? If you can earn like this, why would anyone ever want to leave? :err:

Enjoy.
--------
"We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated professionals. In this entrepreneurial sales position you will be responsible for building a business by providing insurance and financial service products to help meet your client’s needs.

What We Offer:

Outstanding earning potential - most agents earn six figure income in less than 24 months.
Equity in your business (Guaranteed value for your Agency upon retirement or as survivor rights)
Freedom to choose an office location of your choice.
Choice of compensation Plans - Match or Guarantee Draw.

Most agents make $4,000 to $6,000 per month with a minimum base of $3,000 a month in their first year. In the second Year, most agents make $5,000 to $8,000 per month with a minimum of $4,000 a month.
$5,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR BILINGUAL CANDIDATES (various languages)$6,000.00 Bonus Available for individuals with series 6 and 63 licenses. As a licensed agent you will be responsible for:

Prospecting clients
Meeting with clients
Analyzing clients information
Making product recommendations
Develop and maintain client relationships.

Requirements:

No experience is necessary
You must pass a basic background
Candidates must be highly motivated
Entrepreneurial and self-driven
Strong work ethic"

What is the deal with Farmers's Insurance? I am a life agent so don't lnow much about the "other side" of the biz. I receive at least 2 emails like this a week from different agents/agencies, in addition to postcards, letters, etc. Any truth to what they're saying? If you can earn like this, why would anyone ever want to leave? :err:

Enjoy.
--------
"We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated professionals. In this entrepreneurial sales position you will be responsible for building a business by providing insurance and financial service products to help meet your client’s needs.

What We Offer:

Outstanding earning potential - most agents earn six figure income in less than 24 months.
Equity in your business (Guaranteed value for your Agency upon retirement or as survivor rights)
Freedom to choose an office location of your choice. Choice of compensation Plans - Match or Guarantee Draw.

Most agents make $4,000 to $6,000 per month with a minimum base of $3,000 a month in their first year. In the second Year, most agents make $5,000 to $8,000 per month with a minimum of $4,000 a month. $5,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR BILINGUAL CANDIDATES (various languages)$6,000.00 Bonus Available for individuals with series 6 and 63 licenses. As a licensed agent you will be responsible for:

Prospecting clients
Meeting with clients
Analyzing clients information
Making product recommendations
Develop and maintain client relationships.

Requirements:

No experience is necessary
You must pass a basic background
Candidates must be highly motivated
Entrepreneurial and self-driven
Strong work ethic"

Those numbers are high. I don't think the avg Farmers agents getting started makes that kind of money.

Looks like you will have to find your own clients also.

Those numbers are high. I don't think the avg Farmers agents getting started makes that kind of money.

Looks like you will have to find your own clients also.

Finding your own clients is universal to sales in general so I don't fault them there, but yes, those numbers must be inflated.

Any Farmer's agents on the forum who can enlighten the rest of the class?

Hmm quiet possibly inflated and im sure Farmers probibly makes there agents sign some kinda waver to keep them from openly talking about the inner working of their business so i dont think they will be all to likely to chat.

Farmers, like many captive companies, make the first 2 years a bit easier with subsidy. In Farmers case, they basically pay double commission. Unfortunately, the double part of the commission is a loan that can get waived off if you do well over time.

In addition, they don't talk about the expenses that you will incur in running your agency.

Minimums I assume are because in their newer contracts, they have production quotas that probably come in somewhere near there.

The numbers are probably pretty accurate, but a bit misleading. They cover, but gloss over, the misleading part in the 'what you are responsible for' section.

They also don't talk about year 3, which is tough.....

And yes, this is pretty true, with differences, for any of the larger P&C companies.

Dan

Back