Faxing to Golden Rule

Apr 30, 2010

1. WIHealthAgent

WIHealthAgent New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Anybody else having trouble faxing to GR? I have been havign a problem for about a month (faxes go through about 50% of the time) and nobody at GR seems to want to put forth the effort to get it fixed. I have had a couple broker services reps say they have heard other complaints, but they don't seem to do anything about it.

2. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Guru

State:
    Ohio
    I'll have to watch out for that. Generally, I use a link so it's been a while since I faxed anything to them.

3. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    What would you be faxing to Golden Rule?

4. dgoldenz

dgoldenz Moderator Moderator

HIPAA apps and appeal letters is usually what I fax. I wish they would allow online submission of HIPAA apps....big pain in the ass.

dgoldenz, Apr 30, 2010
  5. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    That's interesting since most fax transmissions do not meet HIPAA security guidelines.

somarco, Apr 30, 2010
  6. dgoldenz

Tell that to GR. They don't allow online apps for HIPAA and tell me to fax them in. Interesting to know though, any link with some info?

dgoldenz, Apr 30, 2010
  7. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    Like they care? It's easier and cheaper to pay the fine than to find and train some decent, intelligent employees. As an old mentor of mine used to say, "if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys."

8. ABC

ABC Guru

They recieve like 4000 faxes a day. If you double fax something you will have 2 different people working the same case. Fax early in the morning.

ABC, Apr 30, 2010
  9. The Mole

The Mole Expert

I just talked to GR about this same issue yesterday. A supervisor told me that they just doubled their incoming fax capacity last week... I hope it's true.

Regarding HIPAA, I was always told that you couldn't fax HIPAA apps in, they had to be mailed instead. Not just GR either... I've been told that by Aetna & Humana too, or was that Assurant. I can't remember, but I know I've been told that they couldn't be faxed.

The Mole, Apr 30, 2010
  10. dgoldenz

I just faxed a HIPAA app to Anthem last week and they didn't say anything about it either....does someone have a link for this info?

On a side note, GR even tells me to write "HIPAA Application" in big bold letters at the top of the faxed app to get it to the right department. Something is amiss...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010