FE carriers who will accept Social Security debit card?

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
I used the search function to find a thread with this topic and they were all old threads so I figured I'd put the question to the FE experts to see if there is anything new on this front. Since I don't do much FE, I'm just not familiar with which carriers will accept this form of payment.

Thanks in advance.

Trans is probably the best company for this. It's not necessarily who will take it, but who does it the right way.

I assume you mean Transamerica? If so, they don't appear to be remotely competitive unless the client can qualify at their preferred rates (I don't have an app for Trans so I'm not sure what it takes to meet that rate classification).

You'd think more carriers would accommodate this type of set up.

You'd think more carriers would accommodate this type of set up.

If you understood the quality of business that was coming from those clients you would understand why most carriers don’t want it. Transamerica rates are competitive especially when great parts of the country don’t have these random low-price leaders that people are in bed with.

If you understood the quality of business that was coming from those clients you would understand why most carriers don’t want it. Transamerica rates are competitive especially when great parts of the country don’t have these random low-price leaders that people are in bed with.

65 y/o female tobacco at standard:

United of Omaha (Living Promise) - $56.00
Transamerica (Immediate Solution) - $76.44

Am I missing something as far as product and rates for Transamerica? I understand the issue with the quality of the business, but I don't consider the rate listed above to be competitive. As I said, not sure what qualifies a person for "Preferred" with Transamerica. If the same person above could get preferred with them, then they are competitive. She had a mild stroke about 2 1/2 years ago. She can answer no to the question regarding stroke with United of Omaha since it only asks in the last two years. Would that person qualify at preferred with Transamerica? I'm asking as I really don't know since I don't have a copy of their application.

Most things that go standard with Transamerica know where the company will except as day one benefit. Not comparing apples to apples there.

Standard with Transamerica is generally COPD, insulin with neuropathy, heart attack or stroke one year but not two years ago. If your person only had a stroke 2+ years ago that would be preferred with Transamerica.

Standard with Transamerica is generally COPD, insulin with neuropathy, heart attack or stroke one year but not two years ago. If your person only had a stroke 2+ years ago that would be preferred with Transamerica.

Good to hear. Much appreciated.

Back