FE - Credit Cards and Direct Express Cards

Okay, I'm going to ask a stupid question up front.

I can understand why most companies don't want to take a Direct Express card, because unless they are paid the exact day that money is in the acct, they are not going to get paid at all.

To a certain extent I think that's why we don't see many credit cards accepted as well...plus they eventually expire and can be hacked.

Still though, in this day and age how many people still write checks? Much less know where there check book is?

So...why the resistance to debit/credit cards?

Okay, I'm going to ask a stupid question up front.

I can understand why most companies don't want to take a Direct Express card, because unless they are paid the exact day that money is in the acct, they are not going to get paid at all.

To a certain extent I think that's why we don't see many credit cards accepted as well...plus they eventually expire and can be hacked.

Still though, in this day and age how many people still write checks? Much less know where there check book is?

So...why the resistance to debit/credit cards?

It's probably more of the Green Dot cards and that line that they don't want. I don't blame them, I don't want those either.

I don't mind writing DE at all. It's even easier to write DE if you use a company like Trinity that makes it easy to fix problems.

As for regular debit cards, they are tied to a banking account even if the person doesn't write checks. All you need is the routing number and account number.

I've found that the person that pretends to not be able to locate the account number is not a good prospect anyway.

Netspend, and all the others get Goverment money 2-3 days early. The person runs to the store, dumps the card and no money for you. People that don't have back accounts don't for good reason. Walk away.

But but but they keep telling me it's because they don't trust the banks!!

Final-Expense-Training.jpg

In all fairness I'll write it with the Gerber and give them one chance but by no means well I chase tail when it doesn't clear.

And in the South you'll often hear "the bank messed me up". That's code for "I don't keep up with the balance in my checkbook and have overdrawn it several times".

When my youngest daughter first got her checking account it was not long before she had checks bounced. I sat down with her and helped her balance her checkbook. A little over a month later, checks were bouncing again..I told her she needed to balance her checkbook regularly and she said, "I do Daddy. Whenever I go by and get money out of the ATM, I always write down the balance shown on the receipt." :D

Had to explain to her that the bank did not know what checks she had written but had not yet cleared.

Never touch direct monthly,Green dot or even debit cards. The downside i'm finding with De is when they lose the card you have to chase them down so a lot of service work. Hell i lose my credit cards all the time so thats going to happen.

Back