FE Direct Mail Frequency Question/discussion

jjrardin

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'd like to know some opinions on the frequency of final expense direct mail campaigns.
how often do you mail the same area? 90 day rotation, 180 day, etc..?

different for rural vs larger cities?

Thanks,
Jim

My main areas I usually mail every 60 and have mailed more frequently than that.

You are not the only one mailing. Anytime you mail, another agent mailed a similar card a week ago anyway.

Exactly what I was thinking.... There's no telling how many people in my zip code just got their license and thought, "I'll start here" Prospects have got to be getting a couple cards per month, if not per week. I think it's going to come down to who's card is in their hand when they're ready to buy and a competent agent.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jim

I'd like to know some opinions on the frequency of final expense direct mail campaigns.
how often do you mail the same area? 90 day rotation, 180 day, etc..?

different for rural vs larger cities?

Thanks,
Jim

When I was with Equita I believe the waited 90 days between mailings. With that being said, I really think it depends on the demographic you are mailing to. If there are a lot of folks that fit your parameter you can mail an area even more often. If I remember correctly Newby works most of his deals within a close distance to where he is located. I know in my area, I could mail within 40 miles of home and never run out of suspects.

Personally, I have been getting mail from Stonebridge, Globe, Transamerica, And Gerber this past month. I have two people living here who have the recommended FE demographics. Now, this is direct mail from the companies, not independents correct?:swoon:

When I was with Equita I believe the waited 90 days between mailings. With that being said, I really think it depends on the demographic you are mailing to. If there are a lot of folks that fit your parameter you can mail an area even more often. If I remember correctly Newby works most of his deals within a close distance to where he is located. I know in my area, I could mail within 40 miles of home and never run out of suspects.

You are right. It is very rare for me to travel further than 25 miles.

The fact that you wait 90-days is not stopping those other 20-FE agents from dropping your zips during that time. I drop my zips 30 to 60 days often. It doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to me.

Personally, I have been getting mail from Stonebridge, Globe, Transamerica, And Gerber this past month. I have two people living here who have the recommended FE demographics. Now, this is direct mail from the companies, not independents correct?:swoon:

That's a combination of direct writers and agency companies. Keep that policy/premium information to use at the POS when working with your own prospects. For example, show them how Globe's term life works to show them why you're recommending whole life.

Sounds expensive. Drop . Every 90 days. Same area. I just found out this area has 30,000 suspects. So show me what you would do?
30,000 x 400 dollars = 12,000
12,000 X 4 = 48,000 dollars.annual.

Sounds expensive. Drop . Every 90 days. Same area. I just found out this area has 30,000 suspects. So show me what you would do?
30,000 x 400 dollars = 12,000
12,000 X 4 = 48,000 dollars.annual.

I know many ag that spend $40,000-$50,000 per year in lead costs. And it's going to cost you more than $400/1000. At least $425 and up to $450.

When I was with EFES they mailed 2200 pieces out per week for me to get me 15 leads. Of course they can mail for about $300/1000 where it would cost me $425/1000.

The year before I went to EFES I spent around $30,000 for leads. My first full year at EFES I spent about $10,000. Every year since then I've spent less than $10,000.

Tim W said he spent $50,000 the year beofre EFES and then less than$13000 his first year with EFES.

Buying leads is a very expensive proposition. But worth it.:biggrin:

Back