FE in Calif

mickeyma

Guru
100+ Post Club
Have tried FE without success in Los Angeles area. During sales pitch in home, prospects said couldn't afford even $30 a month ($1 a day--the cost of a cup of coffee). Told good story to increase emotions before giving price. Direct mail leads were from people 60-75 yrs old with incomes less than $40,000. Response rate @ 3/4%.

Was told people with higher incomes don't buy final expense as they usually have life insurance. But, people with small incomes and big expenses in L.A. don't have any money. Any thoughts or tips? Thanks.

Have tried FE without success in Los Angeles area. During sales pitch in home, prospects said couldn't afford even $30 a month ($1 a day--the cost of a cup of coffee). Told good story to increase emotions before giving price. Direct mail leads were from people 60-75 yrs old with incomes less than $40,000. Response rate @ 3/4%.

Was told people with higher incomes don't buy final expense as they usually have life insurance. But, people with small incomes and big expenses in L.A. don't have any money. Any thoughts or tips? Thanks.

You may be prospecting to people who are too poor. Go to a little nicer neighborhoods.

Lower middle class on down but there is a bottom rung that can't put 2 cents together.

Its not for everybody that is for sure. Do you have a term product or a UL product just in case. I have notice you can always find a product that will fit the client. Also have you found any lead programs that have worked.

Have you found any lead programs that have worked.

Not Yet. But, still looking. Tried Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Annuities.....direct mail, telemarketers, auto dialers and cold calling. Direct mail is still my favorite and I make the appointments.

Weren't you just 'singing the praises' of Premier Annuity Prospects on another post? What gives?

Weren't you just 'singing the praises' of Premier Annuity Prospects on another post? What gives?

No, I wasn't singing their praises. I had asked if anyone had dealt with them. When no one offered any negative remarks or had any experiences with them, I decided to take a chance and start their direct mail program. But, the campaign is still under way so I can't sing their praises or criticize them--yet.

What age groups, income brackets, and zip codes are you targeting? It can make all of the difference.

Ages 60-75, incomes 0-$40,000 and zip codes where I thought those kinds of people live (since you're in California you may know about Baldwin Park, Azusa, La Puente).

Back