FE on Payroll Decduction

Sorry for the newbie question but how does an agent that is licensed in home state become or have the ability to sell in any of the united states?

Got it. Was thinking if I go through a GA or something of that nature. I guess you can't avoid forking over the cash.

Thanks for the response

If you are contracted with carriers as a business entity, you will need business entity non res licenses in each state along with a producer non res license. Furthermore, certain states require you register with their SOS before their DOI will issue a business entity non res license.

Got it. Was thinking if I go through a GA or something of that nature. I guess you can't avoid forking over the cash.

Thanks for the response

Not sure your situation, but if a non resident license fee that is usually around $50 is a problem, you are not ready to start a business. Might want to get a job and save the money up. So many agents fail because they get told they can start broke and be making $100k in no time!

Thanks for the response

No one is going to pay your license fee for you.

Getting licensed in all 50 states will take a few thousand the last time I looked. Instead of adding every state at once you may want to add in batches.

Appreciate the responses. I have already gone the batch route for the three states near me. Just was poking around to ask as it never hurts to see if a loophole exists.

Regarding the 100K part the first year. When you enter the industry you get a lot of that fluff but I'm a realist. However, the desire and willingness to do whatever it takes I have no doubt that I will be successful in a short period of time.

Back