FE or Mortgage Insurance

I do not pitch term to the typical FE client. But I ask if they would like me to contact the bene and contingent bene to get them a packet on what they need to do if they (FE client) dies? They are usually younger. I also bring up family plans and get referrals to their kids. I wrote two SIWL plans last week, before I left the house I also wrote the daughter, her husband and kids 20 year terms with child riders, Saturday I wrote the other daughter and grandkids and quoted her in laws FE plans. I also have a call into a son that the mom will pay the premiums on. All off an internet lead from Customized Quote.

Dang! I definitely believe the most powerful part of this business is the referral. It's seems you have mastered it. Well done

Not an FE question, but I have a good friend who is opening his own mortgage business. He has been doing this for a long time, but was working for someone else and had to refer his clients to his boss's friend for their mortgage protection. Now he can send them to me. I am contracted with all the main FE carriers, including Americo. Are they the best option for mortgage protection or is there someone else that I should look at? I want to be able to offer the best prices but don't know a lot about MP. Thanks for the help.

Not an FE question, but I have a good friend who is opening his own mortgage business. He has been doing this for a long time, but was working for someone else and had to refer his clients to his boss's friend for their mortgage protection. Now he can send them to me. I am contracted with all the main FE carriers, including Americo. Are they the best option for mortgage protection or is there someone else that I should look at? I want to be able to offer the best prices but don't know a lot about MP. Thanks for the help.

In my limited experience Americo's term is high. Depending on the clientele and what the price range of the houses I'd look at some FU companies...SBLI, Banner, North American...Trans does have some pretty good products as well

The average age these days for Mortgage Protection that I see is between 40-50.

With this, you will find that a good Non-Med Carrier or Simple Issue Term is the best option because most people are not going to fit the Fully Underwritten Model. (40% of the Cases issued "including Non-Med" will fit this age group).

Because of Health issues and the time it takes to go through a MP sale, the industry best supports Simple Issue Plans as it pays the most and is easier to issue. The cost associated with getting this lead is so much higher than FE, the agent needs the SI plans to make decent money.

That being said, I Like the following companies in order of preference due mainly for Commission Levels and Ease of Issue.
SI Term
  1. Baltimore Life - Home Secure Term
  2. MOO/United of Omaha - Term Life Express
  3. American Amicable - Home Protector Term
  4. Americo - HMS 100 Term
  5. Fidelity Life - Rapid Decision Term
  6. UHL/UFFL - Express Issue Deluxe Term
Non-Med Term
  1. Transamerica - Trendsetter LB Term
  2. American National - Signature Term
  3. Foresters - LifeFirst Term
  4. Assurity - NonMed Term350 (Ages<42)
  5. Sagicor - eApp SI Term
Fully Underwritten Term
  1. RNA/Royal Neighbors - Term
  2. Protective Life - Choice Term
  3. Banner Life - Term
  4. MOO/United of Omaha - Term Life Answers
  5. North American - Term
  6. AIG/American General - Term

With this, you will find that a good Non-Med Carrier or Simple Issue Term is the best option because most people are not going to fit the Fully Underwritten Model. (40% of the Cases issued "including Non-Med" will fit this age group).

Because of Health issues and the time it takes to go through a MP sale, the industry best supports Simple Issue Plans as it pays the most and is easier to issue. The cost associated with getting this lead is so much higher than FE, the agent needs the SI plans to make decent money.

That being said, I Like the following companies in order of preference due mainly for Commission Levels and Ease of Issue.
SI Term
Non-Med Term
Fully Underwritten Term
  3. Banner Life - Term
  5. North American - Term

That's a great breakdown Pat. Is RNA a first choice because of a rate advantage or underwriting? I don't do much term but I did get a case approved table 2 with them that was a flat decline with two other companies.

SI Term
Non-Med Term
Fully Underwritten Term
  3. Banner Life - Term
  5. North American - Term

Second Newby, nice list.

What do you see as Baltimore's strength?

Back