FE Sales...Call first, or drive by?

You are barking up the wrong tree if you are trying to sell FE to people in million dollar homes.

Are you kidding? People with million dollar homes have less liquid cash than your average Joe-Sixpack. Most are mortgaged to the hilt. And most of them are the worst money-managers you ever met.

I've not tried to sell it, but my guess is that if you pitched FE to wealthy people as "Something your family just won't have t worry about.... considering all the other estate issues they will have to deal with" would be a viable sale.

YMMV.

Al

Are you kidding? People with million dollar homes have less liquid cash than your average Joe-Sixpack. Most are mortgaged to the hilt. And most of them are the worst money-managers you ever met.

I've not tried to sell it, but my guess is that if you pitched FE to wealthy people as "Something your family just won't have t worry about.... considering all the other estate issues they will have to deal with" would be a viable sale.

YMMV.

Al
Once again you are correct! The target market for $5,000 whole life policies is definitely homeowners with large mortgages.

I'm immediately going to do a mailing into Beverly Hills. That should be a great area to prospect!

Rick

" Besides, he is not lying as for the most part, the leads are generally from the same zip code . . . "

Yep - I understand completely.

Tom

Here's what I do

If you have very few leads to run, then definitely drive by and introduce your self in person.

If you have a lot of leads, call to set appointments. People who don't set an appointment will tell you they thought you were just going to mail something. Don't argrue, just agree to send them an info packet bbut instead of mailing it, drop it by in person.

That way, you run your best leads first (the ones that set appointments on the phone) and you don't waste the other leads that want something mailed without a making your best attempt in person.

How come every other time I type a b I get a bb?

My damm keybboard is turning me into a stutterer!

You'll have to check state law as well, in some states you just can't show up at a senior's home.

Here in Florida it's not illegal to do that. I remember another FE agent that I spoke with last year, also door knocks, and gets good results. Thanks for the input:)

Edward

Here's what I do

If you have very few leads to run, then definitely drive by and introduce your self in person.

If you have a lot of leads, call to set appointments. People who don't set an appointment will tell you they thought you were just going to mail something. Don't argrue, just agree to send them an info packet bbut instead of mailing it, drop it by in person.

That way, you run your best leads first (the ones that set appointments on the phone) and you don't waste the other leads that want something mailed without a making your best attempt in person.

Awesome! Thanks for your valuable input:)

Edward

Back