Federal Program Question

If someone out there is a Fed LTC plan expert, I have the following question. When you apply for the Fed Plan and you get declined, you are to be offered the "alternative plan".

It appears that the alternative plan is a shorter term nursing home only plan, much like Standard Life offers. Does anyone know exactly what the "alternative plan" really offers/covers. It also says if you are turned down for the alternative plan as well, you may get a discount card of some sort, but that is none of my concern at this time.

The fed page of course completely outlines the coverage of the Hancock basic plan, but no where is there info on this "alternative" offering when a decline occurs. It drives the applicant to apply for it, and then if approved, they tell you what it does. Its like if they told you ahead of time what it does, maybe no one would even apply?

Thanks in advance if you know.

I believe this is what you are looking for:
Federal Alternative Plan

Here is some more info.

Thanks....but that is what I already know...as I was referring to that page when I made the post. It says nursing home plan....but is that for sure all it covers, etc. I was looking for the next level of detail behind that. It really only says that if you are offered the plan, "we will send you the details of the plan at that time". I want the details that the applicant would get.

Back