Federated Insurance

soulchild

Expert
My cousin has interviewed with this company for a sales representative position. Has anybody heard anything about this company because I am clueless to them. Any info good/bad would be helpful.

Thanks

I had a friend who worked for them years ago, then left them to become a captive P and C agent. He lasted about three years as a personal lines P and C agent with the captive company, then went back to Federated, and is about to retire from them. Had a great career. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your reply. It seems like it may be a good fit for him to really learn the business especially if looking at P&C.

Will definitely be a great education in commercial P&C. Average lifespan for their agents is 3-5 years before an agent moves on with the experience they gained. After that time he will be very marketable in the P&C market. It's one of those deals where if you can make it there you can kill it somewhere that you have access to a wider range of products.

My cousin has interviewed with this company for a sales representative position. Has anybody heard anything about this company because I am clueless to them. Any info good/bad would be helpful.

Thanks

Good company! Great opportunity! For years one of their niches has been insuring gas stations, convenience store, petroleum jobbers, auto repair shops, body shops, etc. My current independent P&C agent got his start with Federated.

Back