Feedback on INNOVATIVE MARKETING STRATEGIES (an IMO)

insurancedoc

Expert
Hell All,

Would appreciate any feedback on INNOVATIVE MARKETING STRATEGIES. Its an IMO based in Costa Mesa, CA.

I am new & here in NJ. I will be focused just on LIFE & HEALTH.

Want to also maintain my Independent Agent status. Yet, still get some guidance & support since I am a rookie.

Any advicesuggestions would be greatly appreciate as I negotiate with them.

I want to be independent but also need some guidance & marketing system as a new person in the biz,

From reading here in the forum,

I am going to ask them for a signed Release Form ( hopefully they will agree). Make sure that there in NO 6 month waiting period if I take a leave. . Is that righj to ask for it.?

Also clarify commission % support, and my freedom to still sign-up directly with other carriers.

Thanks for assistance.:cool:

I know Innovative Marketing Strategies in El Segundo and they are a very good IMO. Not certain if this the same one your are talking to. I read in these forums a lot about releases, etc. Most carriers will dual contract. If you feel you are not getting the support you need from your IMO, you can pick up a contract through another one with most carriers. The six month rule is a carrier rule, not from the IMO. Most carriers will not allow the new IMO to give you a higher commission for six months than you had with the old one.

You're back to what type of business you want to run. You just don't want to get stuck with a health company that does life on the side, or a life company that doesn't do health (and most of them don't). From there, how many people do they have to support your plan of business attack? If you want life support, don't go with a company that only has 1-2 people to support. That's not support. Good luck!

I know Innovative Marketing Strategies in El Segundo and they are a very good IMO. Not certain if this the same one your are talking to. I read in these forums a lot about releases, etc. Most carriers will dual contract. If you feel you are not getting the support you need from your IMO, you can pick up a contract through another one with most carriers. The six month rule is a carrier rule, not from the IMO. Most carriers will not allow the new IMO to give you a higher commission for six months than you had with the old one.
Thanks for your reply Ed.

Yes, the co. I am referring to is : Innovative Marketing Strategies - Welcome to our Agent Website

I'm not sure if this is the same on that's in El Segundo ? I believe one office they have is in Costa Mesa.

Thanks again for the valuable feedback.

You're back to what type of business you want to run. You just don't want to get stuck with a health company that does life on the side, or a life company that doesn't do health (and most of them don't). From there, how many people do they have to support your plan of business attack? If you want life support, don't go with a company that only has 1-2 people to support. That's not support. Good luck!
Thanks Mr. Bill for your reply.

Yes, you make a very good point.

I guess the challenge for me as a newbie is sorting out the right fit from the various companies & outfits out there. Frankly, its giving me headaches. :) When you're brand new in this business, its kind of difficult to sort out a good fit from a not so good outfit.

And with all these careful warnings from insurance agent veterans in this forum about "having a release signed" or getting stuck with a bad company, the fear of picking the wrong place is magnified.

If you have any favorite outfit, I would appreciate knowing about it.

And yes, I do want to focus on both health & life.

Thanks again for your advise.

Back